Arsène Wenger

Gallas was something begining with a C but not Captain ! Truly loathsome man !

Though he’s been linked to England job, I hope he’ll take that one before retiring

Keep telling yourself it’s mutual, Ivan :grinning:. Arsene got his balls in a box on a his night stand.

1 Like

[quote] a Vatican conference on faith and sport
[/quote]

What kind of conference is that?

They should rename it nonsense and sport.

Why do you feel that having faith in something is nonsense?

Because religion has been pretty much proven to be factually wrong?

To me that would be the same as believing that 1+1 = 3.

5 Likes

Perception is reality. If it makes someone happy and helps them to be a better person who are you to decide whether or not what they believe in is nonsense? People are brainwashed in a lot of different ways, if they are happy then why antagonize them?

1 Like

If you would believe grass is blue and that would make you happy and a better person, we should just let you be too?

Yeah why not? Kind of stupid analogy though because believing that grass is blue wouldn’t have much of am impact on your life.

2 Likes

Lack of education and ignorance leads to undue intolerance.

1 Like

Religious people don’t either. But it’s still the same thing, believing in something that is wrong. Not morally or ethically, which is always up for discussion, but, you know, factually. Something of which can’t be a discussion about. With all do respect but believing in a fairy tail is quite ignorant and not beneficial too us as a society in the long run. Just look at what it did in the MIddle-East.

Or imagine we kept believing the earth was flat, like religious people tend too do back in the day :smile:.

I really don’t know how to clarify that and I feel like you’re trolling me. We should actually support people who are believing in stuff that is actually fake…

@sevchenko. It’s not about intolerence. People should do whatever they want in the first place. But like I said they are believing in something that is fake…

1 Like

I have nop problem with people believing something.

But it shouldn’t be mixed with sport, or anything related to the real world.

I don’t care if people believe in Pixies, Elves, Fairies, Goblins, Santa, etc, but it shouldn’t in anyway relate to that happens in normal society.

1 Like

Just did a little reading into this Vatican conference on sports and faith. I don’t know how people can have a issue with such a positive iniative:

Fact that related to organised religion doesn’t phase me at all.

Most religions don’t get on, so it depends what religion it is.

What reason is there for religion to have any influence over sport?

Some of the most intolerant, bigoted, arrogant people I have heard have been religious, yet they seem to think it is people who don’t believe that are the problem.

Most conflicts in history is caused by it, and what they are all believing in is nonsense.

Most religions don’t get on is a bit of a general assumption tbh. In western Europe I’ve read about different religious groups getting together and cooperating over many community projects and initiatives. I know for a fact that in London various interfaith meetings are regularly held.

I see no problem if a religious group is trying to push a positive agenda in sport. Things like preventing corruption, giving opportunities to talented children in developing countries, promoting disabled sport and ensuring sport is protected from commercial abuse are all things people should get behind. I did read about the conference and there wasn’t a hint of the church hiding a sinster motive.

There are whole load of intolerant, bigoted, arrogant people who don’t believe in any religion too. No most conflicts are not caused by religion, that’s a sweeping generalisation for people who don’t really understand history or theology.

I love it when religious people get defensive about people describing religion as nonsense, and try to act as if it is a form of intolerance.

Haha the notion of the Catholic Church combating corruption is brilliant. Might as well get them to advise football on the safeguarding of children while we’re at it.

3 Likes

Cunt u jakey, just spilt my coffee all over the desk ! psml

I beleive that everyone has a right to practice whatever religion they want to . by the same token I have the right to have them not practice it on me !

Wenger and Gazidis are doing the contract dance , it starts with them offering him a new contract and wenger then links himself to other jobs b4 reluctant accepting a pay rise and a two year deal .

Its as predictable and inevitable as st totterings day !

Most religions throughout history haven’t got on, that’s why there were so many wars, and it’s still going on.[quote=“sevchenko, post:1605, topic:125”]
Things like preventing corruption, giving opportunities to talented children in developing countries, promoting disabled sport and ensuring sport is protected from commercial abuse are all things people should get behind. I did read about the conference and there wasn’t a hint of the church hiding a sinster motive.
[/quote]Preventing corruption is something they should have a look at in their own institutions, before telling other people how to sort their own problems out.
The biggest land owner in this country is the church.
How do you think they have accumulated all this wealth?
As for crimes committed by some of these organisations, just ask any choirboy.

They really are.
As for intolerant, bigoted, arrogant people who don’t believe in any religion, of course there are, but they don’t hide behind a veil of respectability built on lies and a craving for power.

These people are unelected and are there because they have a fictitious friend.
No civilised society should be being influenced by such nonsense.

You might as well say people who believe in Santa are going to decide the format of the next World Cup.

Wenger will continue till HE is ready to go. The board will never sack him. He meets every single one of their objectives and continues to manage the club at a very high standard.

Also the current board have absolutely zero experience in hiring top level football managers. I worry on how the next manager is going to be appointed to be honest.

Personally I’d love to live in that irreligious tolerant paradise, North Korea.

Kim Jong-Un is my god.

1 Like