Arsène Wenger

Why couldn’t we attract good managers?

2 Likes

That Henry, Wenger interview was brilliant! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the 3 points yet again. Ox the sub, keeping Theo on who got the assist. Alexis looks less effective vs. the bus parking teams, He did well against Chelsea who left ‘some’ space behind, and Basel who lined up their back 4 something like 10-15m outside the box vs. what was probably the three fastest players they have ever played against in Theo, Bellerin and Sanchez lol

But then again Giroud was appalling in his last sub app, Welbz is Welbz and Perez picked up a knock so who else could we have played up front. In general I’d say tactics were fine, just seemed to lack that creativity and it was maybe down a bit to Özil not being particularly good at all, he got the time and space but got nothing out of it.

9 games without a loss, 5 wins in a row in the league, 4 clean sheets all comps. Hats off to 20 years, International break now, then to host Swansea who are playing like shite atm.

2 Likes

For the people who don’t have Sky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Au1PwFx26A

5 Likes

20 minute One on One interview with NBC. :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAGQ8OLyvqc

1 Like

18/20 - I swear Oleg Luzhny never looked liked that :smile:

I mightstart self harming if a see any Disney-esque Wenger licking puff pieces ,but like the murphys I’m not bitter ! But Id rather see that than hear piers morgan !

Vote for Arsene!

1 Like

Klopp is winning. I guess @Persona is voting for him over and over again :wilshere: :bellerin:

We wont even vote Arsene over Klopp on OA ffs…

2 Likes

Good Lord, Piers Morgan is like a typically dumb WOB.
“He inherited a good squad”
“We are not competitive even with Emirates”

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/783389065341263872

Haha

8 Likes

Love his cheeky smile. Genius!

Gallas. God damn it. His meltdown after that Birmingham game pretty much symbolizes the great opportunity we missed in 07/08.

07/08 and 15/16 will haunt me for a long time. Legacies of a few players and Wenger himself tarnished a bit by those two seasons.

Gallas was an awful captain. If we had an experienced leader like a Cech, Mertesacker, Henry I feel we would have won it in 2007/08. Team was full of young players.

1 Like

That could have been, yes. Although that meltdown was very symbolic, I do feel like not having creative options on the bench when Rosicky, van Persie and Eduardo broke down was also a big part of us not being to sustain our level of play tbh. We only had b2b or defensive midfielders on our bench (Song, Denilson, Diaby, Gilberto). Something that is a problem today too. Ramsey, Chamberlain and Giroud are so underwhelming as creative/attacking subtitutes.

True. Creativity falls substantially between first and second team.
I hope Lucas & Welbeck do something to aid us there.

07/08 actually hurts more for me as at least we actually were a good football side, our 07/08 team wins the league last year without a doubt.

There’s another interview on the official site with two great Arsenal legends and also William Gallas alongside Wenger.

What’s spooky is, it was filmed just before Burnley, and yet at one point Wenger talks about the importance of “the 92nd minute, when the ball gets in the box” :dizzy_face:

2 Likes