Arsène Wenger

Wenger has said on numerous occasions that won’t be happening. When he leaves he leaves all together

According to Matt Law of the Telegraph there is a new deal on the table…

Maybe it’s the possible interest from the FA that could have spend things up or pushed them to be more open/transparant about his contract situation.

I can’t think of any reason why Wenger would want to manage England.

He has a midfield of Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla, why would he go from that to Henderson, Dier and Lallana.

Or defenders like Bellerin, Kos, Mustafa and Monreal to the England defence of Cahill, Stones, Walker and Rose.
As for the GK position, our second choice is better than anything England have.

The reason England fail miserably has nothing to do with the manager, it is all down to the players not being good enough.

What England player would get into our first team?

theo, ox,gibbs,wilshire,

2 Likes

I was going to say, except Arsenal players, then realised even they can’t be guaranteed a starting position in our first team.

on current form stones could play for arsenal.

I don’t believe its England players not being good enough its more too do with managers shoving the likes of rooney in the team for the sake off playing him. Once England gets a manager who has to balls to drop the big names for the sake off a winning team we wont win another tournament

If we kept this form, we should renew his contract.

1 Like

I dont think its his type of job . england managers often are like babysitters having to mollycuddle the pampered primas who play for their country. England managers get much more critisism too and he doesnt like bieng held to account by the press. Besides cant see him leaving Arsenal where he rules supreme .

1 Like

Id agree with most 9f that. I would add though that I think pressure has been enforced by sponsors to play Rooney and Beckham at times when not in form.

well after the Nike WC final 98 fiasco id believe anything .
For those who don’t remember ,the then Brazialian superstar Ronaldo was sick collapsed b4 being taken to hospital. ruled out by the manager who then picked the lunatic Edmundo to replace him. The Nike chiefs insisted Ronado played and had him pumped full of drugs and he arrives in the dressing room 2 hours b4 kick off . The team sheet gets altered and Edmundo goes loco and smashes up the dressing room. the rest is history as the French brush Brazil aside and win easily with Ronaldo running around like a zombie !

I wouldn’t have Stones ahead of our starting CB’s but even he he was good enough there are no other players that would get in our starting side from the England team, apart from Kane.

Wenger is used to getting his players from all around the world to do the job he wants them to do.
The GK position alone is enough to put him off.

He is also used to working with world class players, something which England have none of.
In fact I can’t think of an England player, who is a guaranteed starter.
That’s how poor we are, and that’s why I just can’t see why Wenger would choose to manage the England team, who he would only see a few times a seasons.

1 Like
2 Likes

Fasinating read, thanks for sharing Calum :point_up:

2 Likes

Good man, Guy.

1 Like

Great programme about Arsene tonight on BBC2. Keown absolutely shuts down that dick Piers Morgan. It’s glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_9b8OGknQ

5 Likes

@Calum slowly liking Wenger again :santi2:

1 Like

Great show! Thanks @Calum

1 Like

Great programme.
Thanks for posting @Callum.

How that didn’t end with known and Harrison jumping up and down on piers morgans head

The looks wrighty was throwing at him were great!