Youri Tielemans

Definitely a last day signing, for whatever reason.

If we sign him at the end of the window I’d find it very bizarre. I imagine we have other targets in mind but the season is literally starting in 3 days lol

1 Like

Technically, if Xhaka and Partey stay fit we would be fine till then though right?

LB with that crock Tierney and CF ended up higher priorities.

one more signing will give us better chance to secure top 4, and two more signings should be enough to challenge further more (in case City or Pool collapsed, and EL run)

Both CM and forward are important to us, not one over another.
We already have Zinchenko and AMN (if staying), so LB is not much of a concern.

If we just stop here and not getting additional player(s), it is just the same criminal that Wenger did on us.

1 Like

Broadly agree but I’d say another forward is more important than CM.

I want genuine quality though

1 Like

I’ve given up on this. Zinchenko will be the depth in midfield. We’ve got El Nenny, Xhaka, Partey, Zinchenko, Vieira, Lokonga, Odegaard and ESR available for 3 positions. You can add Ainsley to the mix as well. We aren’t signing Tielemans.

1 Like

There’s depth, but it’s shit nonetheless.

1 Like

You can add Patino and Flamini on the list as well…

quantity means nothing without context.

Fulham offered us 4 CB in exchange of Leno.
Do we want any of them?

Elneny, Xhaka, Lokongoa (and ESR does not improve) are not players that will make us a level better.
So much unknown for Vieira.
I’d rather have Zinchenko starting as LB and concentrate in one position.

Tielemans or someone equivalent is needed.

2 Likes

I’m going to concede to @Castiel when it comes to Zinchenko. He has been added to the list of defenders on the Arsenal website and Zinchenko confirm that Arteta think he will operate in that position most of the time.

If we continue to play 4-2-3-1 we have Odegaard, ESR and Vieira at No.10. Partey, Elneny and Lokonga at DM, and Xhaka as a No.8. Odegaard could operate as a No.8 but I think this is where Tielemans will come into the team as be a replacement for Xhaka.

AMN will be sold or loaned this summer.

I’m not saying that I don’t want Tielemans, just that I don’t think we’ll sign him.

Yeah this is where I’m at too… I suspect it would have happened already otherwise… unless Edu is playing a serious chicken game with goal of pinching pennies… but I guess we thought about it but have decided to go with what we have or there is a wholly different target in play.

2 Likes

I know, but question your logic by saying we don’t have room in the squad for Tielemans. If we sell AMN, Tielemans will challenge Xhaka for starting spot in the team.

Both Arteta and Edu said there are still some things to do in the window. We prepared to pay big money for Raphinha.
I feel they know the squad is still not where it should be.
We’ve done a year worth of work for Tielemans as well.

I would be very disappointed if the club doesn’t push on here. I don’t buy excuses such as “we have rice home” or “we’ll eat from Proper Burgers next week”.
I want Proper Burgers right now.

1 Like

I’d like that but would argue that Lokonga and Zinchenko are the options for the no. 8 position if Xhaka doesn’t play. El Nenny backs up Partey and Vieira and ESR, Odegaard.

I definitely would like a CM who is better than Xhaka to come in and Tielemans fits the bill.

I can see a Gakpo deal getting done.

2 Likes

I can see a Gakpo and Tielemans deal getting done!

1 Like

I can see Paqueta and Neymar.

2 Likes

That would be nuts

Wonder what the reaction would be if we signed Neymar

Most people would be looking for flying pigs. :grinning:

1 Like

IF you want Arsenal to turn into a diving/acting academy, not a proper football club

I hate to say it, but I don’t think I would mind.