You know what really grinds my gears?

When your tracking the deliveroo guy and he takes a wrong turn.

5 Likes

did it on purpose to throw you off

4 Likes

I got diagnosed with Shingles today by the doctor in our office, and got sent home effective immediately as I was a contagion risk for pregnant ladies and immuno-comprised people in the office and anyone who’s never had chicken pox.

I feel really guilty because I was off sick last week for 3 days and couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me but it looks like it was the pre-cursor to my shingles outbreak.

Now I’ve been written off work indefinitely until the lesions heal up and the scabs drop off but that could be any amount of time but I just feel a bit rotten because I know it’ll put my team under more pressure.

Has anyone had Shingles before? What can I expect? The lesions turned up yesterday and were quite itchy but that’s all it’s been so far and (knock on wood) not even particularly itchy.

My managers were hoping I could work from home but I’m struggling to get the remote login set-up which is a bit of a blessing I suppose although I’ve got three screens I work off at the office so no idea how I’m supposed to do anything on my 13" laptop hahaha

My mam had that earlier this year. Was about a month until she was right again. But she’s a pensioner, i’d expect you’d be able to fight it off a bit quicker.

Yeah they say over-50 is when it’s more of an issue so here’s to hoping.

Got it in high school. Slightly annoying, but nothing too bad. Think it took me 1 week to heal.

Do you feel the burning sensation in your nerves ?

Helvedesild!

Nope, not yet I guess? Just gets a bit itchy every now and again

If you are already at the itchy stage you should be good. Only gets better from now on.

And yeah in Denmark its called helvedesild aka fire of hell. A bit dramatic but hey !

1 Like

I know a few people that have had it and it will usually go after a just over a week.

It’s a bit uncomfortable but it is very contagious so it’s best not to have close contact with other people.

It sounds like you are nearly over the worst bit of it, if you have started itching already.

3 Likes

never had it so no idea what it feels like but get better soon @Cristo

1 Like

honestly was such a bad day today, I had a 6.30 start this morning so I had to get up at 5, it takes me 45 minutes to walk in, so I went to bed at 12.30 last night which is extremely early for me and for the whole 4 and a half hours I was just lying and trying to get comfortable but I just couldn’t get to sleep, it was horrible because I got 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds sleep and just felt like zombie until I finished at 2, I slept a bit for about a few hours when I got home and feel way better now, I was still amazing like I always am but just was so tired, I’m like an owl with my bed time schedule so when I get an early start it always throws me off

2 Likes

Mate, that’s the longest sentence ever! Take a deep breath and sleep man!

Seriously tho, doesn’t sound great. What do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking?

work in a supermarket, big up the co op

that’s not my one btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sleep is so important mate, can’t stress it enough. Find what’s optimal for you and make sleep a routine.

For me, I need my 8.5 hours a night. I’m up at 5.30am every morning to ensure I can go to the gym before work so it means I have to go sleep pretty early most nights (unless I’m out for beers or dinner).

I could go on but ultimately what I’m saying is you owe it to your body to get solid sleep and you’ll find yourself a lot more healthier and happier.

2 Likes

Love how your normal routine is still ridiculous for most people.

4 Likes

most nights I go to bed anytime between 2 and 5 am because most of my shifts are 2pm to 10pm so when I get home at night there is always a lot I want to do, silly really that I do that

1 Like

I go to bed at 22:00 and wake up at 6:15 lol. Need lots of sleep :grinning:

1 Like

The Sun bingo advert really does my head in

adverts do this kind of thing all the time, try and make you remember them by being as annoying and not funny as possible (well not to them anyway) there are some adverts that try and build a brand that actually work like the meerkat ones, but there are way to many that just try way to hard and fail

1 Like

adverts just try way to hard to come up with the next big thing that will just run and run and become popular, and most of the time it’s embarrassing and just laughable

Go to fucking bed earlier. I know I’m typing this at. 1:15am but you have to teach your body how to sleep and the only way to do it is to get into bed at reasonable hours.

Edit: just read your usual hours post. Even if you were sleeping 11/12pm to 7/8am most nights you’d feel fucking incredible and you’d get all that shit you think you need to do at 10pm done before you even start work.

Further edit: I was of course drinking last night. You should do whatever you like doing Luke :grinning: