Wrestling

Yeah 11 was awful. It’s about the only one where the champion has retained.

1 Like

Might have to tune in for this. :eyes:

This Absolutely Ricky Starks fella is in no fit state to be wrestling. Irresponsible that he was allowed to. Hope he makes it throught the match without sustaining further serious injuries.

Context?

Just saw him beat Brian Cage against the odds, despite having his chest strapped up because he was clearly injured. It was some sort of tournament hes now through to the final to face some other chap.

Just channel hopping and landed on ITV4

1 Like

Looool wtf is Bow Wow doing here

1 Like

Hahah, you’re watching Dynamite then.
Apparently you’re not the only one watching Dynamite on ITV4.
They seem to be very well in the UK, viewership wise.

Side note: AEW is finally coming to the UK next year.

Side side note: WWE is still superior to that Indy mark show

3 Likes

Maybe, but they’re both :poop: atm.

You still watching btw? Anything you like other than The Bloodline stuff?

Edit: Just learned SS is this weekend. Yep, these products are dead.

1 Like

Gunther. Triple H is making him look like a mega star and making the IC title look important again. That and the US title with Seth. Giving the midcard titles a bit of prestige again

1 Like

I’ve noticed this has become the AEW fan line since it’s been undeniable how poor that show is. WWE is doing just fine, quality of wrestling, storytelling, the roster itself all are on the way up as they have been since Triple H took over.

On a separate note it was weird to hear Micheal Cole giving England a bit of stick over the football on Smackdown :joy:

1 Like

Haha :smile:

Aside from bashing it for the sake of it before claiming Bret Hart’s era was amazing for reasons passing understanding, do you have any particular reason for thinking WWE isn’t doing fine?

So you dont think the Bret Hart era was good?

I think he was good (although he’s not top tier for me) A lot of what was around him was no better than today but that’s true of most wrestling eras.

Who’s top tier?

Before we get to you inevitably posting a laughing emoji after whoever I name, do you have any particular reason for thinking WWE isn’t doing fine?

All the PPVs I’ve watched have been unimpressive since the one where Lesnar, as champ, went into the Royal Rumble himself.

You’ve got a champion in Roman Reigns who has about 3 moves in his repertoire.

A women’s division that just seemingly does rinse and repeat.

They haven’t known what to do with young, generational talent in a long, long time.

In terms of levels of shitness, both WWE and AEW are on a par right now and only die-hard fans of either promotion would think otherwise.

So, go on, who’s top tier and better than Bret Hart? This long list should be good.

It won’t surprise you that I disagree with almost all of that. The 2020 Rumble, the one you’re talking about, was one of the best and created a new star in Drew McIntyre, one of your other big complaints.

WWE is bringing in new women to shake up the division after Vince’s reign all the time.

Reigns has been a very successful champion and his drawing power remains incredible, he isn’t the most spectacular in the ring but he’s also not as bad as critics like to claim.

WWE and AEW have never been on a par, but AEW’s particular problem is similar to late stage WCW, the backstage politics being played out on screen ahead of an actual product with the added problem of this fetish it has for gymnasts.

Now as to who is better than Bret Hart, there are wrestlers who I like more than him who I would freely concede aren’t as good as him. But in terms of wrestlers who I think are better than him as a total package, I would start with:

Kurt Angle 2000-2006
Shawn Michaels 2002-retirement
Brock Lesnar 2014-present
AJ Styles 2016-2019
CM Punk 2010-14

I look forward to the laughing emoji

2 Likes

True, AEW was better at one point :wink:. Now they’re both shit.

Not as long a list as I thought. Only one that holds water, potentially, is Kurt Angle. The rest were not the same level in the ring as Bret was in 94 nor did they have the same traction as Bret was getting in 97.