Wrestling

Think he’s destined for the big leagues one day

Can see Punk putting him over before he retires.

Speaking of which, that Team Read v CM Punk angle died pretty quick

I think hook will be in wwe before punk calls it a day. Or has punk hinted at his return only being a short term thing?

Why would Hook go to WWE though?

You mean Team TAZ? Yeah, thought Punk would go over Team TAZ but it just ended after he beat Hobbs. Won’t complain tbh, that feud with Eddie was great.

1 Like

Yeah stupid auto correct. Lol.

Yeah Eddie is great at feuding. His Mic skills are second only to MJF in my opinion

Punk >

1 Like

It’s what every wrestler growing up aspires to and if they have something about them then they can become a huge name there. They cut a lot of talent and it’s shitty but generally the cream does rise to the top there. Taz being ex wwe will likely play a part as well and sure he would urge his son to take the opportunity if/when it does come about.

Like that MJF guy. Isn’t he meant to be considering his options with his deal coming up for renewal?

I meant to say pre Punk lol

1 Like

It’s a gimmick. Else he wouldn’t be allowed to use that on TV every week. Tony and MJF are pretty close as far as I know. Tony wouldn’t allow him to leave unless something unexpected happened.

I agree every wrestler used to aspire going to WWE eventually but the past year or so changed that.
There are too many unknowns currently in WWE.
Job security is not a given anymore, even if you’re a top guy. Nobody is really safe when guys like Braun and Bray were let go the past year. There’s also the fact that WWE is rumoured to be up for sale, hence the cuts.

We’ve seen plenty of wrestlers pick AEW over WWE the past year and I think this is gonna be the norm unless WWE offers ridiculous money which AEW isn’t interested in matching. Case in point, Kevin Owens.

In HOOK’s case, can you actually see WWE handling the kid the right way? Vince will have one look at him and he’ll puke on the spot. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

His background will carry a lot of weight as always been a lot of nepotism in the WWE. If he went there right now then obviously he’d head to nxt 2.0 but if he becomes the star he should over next few years then he’d have that experience to go straight in the main roster.

I think if Disney buys WWE they may actually look at HOOK and see a new Tom Holland in him. That’s the scenario where I can see him doing the jump.
As things stand though, WWE isn’t the best place for him right now.

The shocking utilisation of Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe only re-affirms this.

1 Like

Speaking of Joe, we never got to have Joe v Cena.
Somehow we got Joe v Lesnar though so we shouldn’t complain.

Yeah Joe kept going for Heyman in that angle lol

Jericho?

2 Likes

Right? I saw that too and the wording tells me AEW.
Jericho makes the most sense but you also have Christian(if they want to do a spot with Edge). Big Show is another one along with Bryan.

AEW should go for it if their cameos ensure they stay strong.

Mate, if ‘Judas’ blares out during the RR…

Nah they wouldn’t have his Judas theme, has to be his WWE theme

1 Like