Wrestling

Overall viewers are not as important. Key Demos(18-49 specifically) are where the money is made, which is why Turner Networks keep ordering more content from them. They now moved Dynamite to TBS and also ordered a quarterly special called Battle of the Belts.

I don’t doubt AEW will perhaps never have the global reach of WWE but in TV terms, especially in the US, AEW is making a strong case over WWE, especially if you factor in the cost of the shows.

1 Like

Someone’s salty.
Didn’t Tony pay for the Empowerrr event?
And didn’t WWE fire her and send her stuff in a trash bag, lol.

:joy:.

People will let this slide but if WWE did this, the internet marks would be all over this

1 Like

Did what?

the watched the video AM posted? If a couple of WWE wrestlers did that, Dave Meltzer and his army of virgins would be all over that lol

1 Like

Meh, it’s a botch. :man_shrugging:
You can make a compilation of botches for every show and you’ll find plenty.
Isn’t that how Botchamania came to be?
This is exactly what AEWBotches does by picking apart women’s matches and stuff from rookies in AEW Dark.

I’m not too fussed over that personally. Shit happens. I would be more concerned if the workers are dangerous or reckless. Overall, if the match has good psychology and a story then I wouldn’t bother too much over a botch.

1 Like

True.

There was one the other day at Dynamite. Brian Pullman Jr falling off the top rope v Malakai

The closeup reactions in these videos of those sitting front row always cracks me up :grin:

Look! They’re fighting again!
Kenny started it this time.

1 Like

When all is said and done Cornette will be remembered as one of the great minds of the business and one of the great managers.

Kenny Omega will not be remembered fondly by any fan of wrestling. Only the Indy marks who watch his shitty matches and enjoy overdone dance routines and unnecessary athleticism that just looks totally soft.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a large section of wrestling fans today think he is is one of if not the best wrestler today.

It certainly doesn’t help when guys like Flair suck him off in hopes it’ll help him get a job in AEW.

Not even the best modern wrestler, ah hem. Daniel Bryan.

They should definitely push the Bastard Pac more in AEW.

He has a case for being their best wrestler, pound-for-pound.

1 Like

I got invited to a wrestling school once. And I went down there and it was fun. But you could tell the type of guy that loves Kenny Omega they’ve usually got no physical presence and think wrestling is about unnecessary shows of athleticism.

Being a muscular guy bothers them and that’s why they denigrate wrestlers with size and favour weedy guys like Omega who just dance around the ring doing stupid flips with no real power behind them

1 Like

Yeah Daniel Bryan is the guy. He’s the perfect example of not being a sizey guy but being able to work in a strong and believable way.

The Japanese way these guys modelled themselves off used to be stiff and strong wrestling. Almost shoot fighting. But nowadays they just copy the high fliers and it’s crap

1 Like

There’s a good reason why Omega’s best matches came in Japan against known Japanese wrestlers.
Those guys kept him in check and wouldn’t tolerate his nonsense.

You can be the best athlete in the world and do all this cool shit but if your psychology is awful it really negates them.

2 Likes

Yep.

The problem with him at AEW as well is Tony Khan is a loser who lets his wrestlers control their characters and do their own thing. That’s fine but you’re letting Indy guys with no experience of major promotion wrestling and it shows in their characters.

AEW doesn’t have any mainstream appeal because outside of 2/3 guys they don’t have many believable characters. Let’s be honest the bigger guys sell and they always have done. And AEW rewards needless shows of athleticism over good story telling and wrestling

1 Like

TAZ is such a HOOK fanboy.

Proud father.

Hook is so over right now. The pop he gets is incredible