Wrestling

Peak working from home stuff this. First time I’ve stayed up to watch a ppv live in years, but it was a good Rumble with some good spots. No spoilers here for those sensibly watching tomorrow but happy with both winners

2 Likes

I saw the teases on Instagram but definitely didn’t expect this.

I see Angle has a podcast about to launch. That will surely be worth a listen. Think it’s time to phase out Something to Wrestle too. The dynamic between Bruce and Conrad has been terrible for a while now.

1 Like

Saw a trailer yesterday for a new series about the The Rocks life. Looks quite entertaining, it was for NBC so not sure when it will broadcast over here. Anyone else got any ideas on when it will come over here?

1 Like
3 Likes

Don’t watch AEW but that is a good signing, they needed a big guy.

Why announce it on twitter though. It would’ve been a great surprise for TV.

The Machooooo Mannn.

1 Like

Clearing the ring at the end of Dynamite.

JR calling it.

“Look at the bodies. Look at the carnage. Look at the human rubble!”

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

AEW Revolution tonight. It’s a shame because their PPVs used to be on a Saturday meaning I could watch em on a Sunday.

Paul Wight sporting a “No More BS”- alluding to the Big Show gimmick on Wednesday night Dynamite has said he’ll announce another HoF recruitment for AEW tonight . Strong rumour it’s Kurt Angle.

I thought the new guy was hof worthy rather than being an actual hall of famer? Would be a shame if it is who you mentioned.

1 Like

You’re right, actually.

I love the wrestler I’ve mentioned to bits but if they recruit him, it could go down the TNA tracks.

A current wrestler would be a better acquisition.

Won’t be either of them but how good if Punk or Lesnar. Would be like the old WCW v WWF days when they would steal each others talent.

1 Like

Yes, Punk would be out of this world. Imagine him going up against Kenny Omega. The V-trigger vs the Go To Sleep.

I’ve noticed they’re allowing a crowd back in at Dailys Place in Jacksonville. Nice to see.

It’s so not Punk but I really wish it was

1 Like

Doesn’t look to be the wrestling machine. His tease tweet was about podcasts.

Removed tweet as it didn’t seem to work with the spoiler

That leaves a possibility of

• Dave Bautista

• Christian

• Mark Henry

• Rob van Dam

• CM Punk

• Brock Lesnar

Definitely isn’t Punk or Lesnar. Reckon it’s RVD

1 Like

Would be underwhelming if it’s anyone but Punk or Lesnar. They hyped the shit out of it. Christian, Angle or RVD would be nice additions but definitely not game changers.

I think the possibilities are endless with CM Punk and I’d cheer louder than an Arsenal goal against Olympiakos if it’s him.

Also, could we use spoilers if anyone is watching it tonight, pretty please :grin: (I’m not gonna be able to watch it until late tomorrow, after which point I’ll use spoilers if I comment on it, too)