Wrestling

I’m at a legit loss for words. Rest easy, Jon

1 Like

Fuck, I’ve just learned about it.
Always heard the best things about this guy. His wife’s post is deep man.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSFmNyhweL/?igshid=17zraqyde3iey

Gone way too early.

He was doing really well in AEW, too.

I wondered why we hadn’t seen him in the ring for a good few weeks after he lost the TNT title to Cody Rhodes.

RIP to a very good wrestler

Don’t know anything about wrestling lads but one died today. Brodie Lee he was 41.

Yeah Josh posted the link a few posts up.

Incredibly disheartening. He was wrestling as recently as November.

The one semblance of solace I can take from this is that the wrestling business looked after him while he was ill and they’re now helping his family.

1 Like

well that’s a complete shock, completely out of nowhere, RIP <3

was wondering why he hadn’t been on tv for a little while, never expected it to be because he was ill, so sad to hear that

the last time an active well known wrestler died was surely benoit?

2 Likes

that destruction of cody for the title is one of my favourite aew moments in it’s short history

1 Like
1 Like

AEW on terrestrial TV tonight? Will be the Brodie Lee tribute show?

Didn’t know they even had a TV deal in the UK. I sought out the tribute show anyway, well worth a watch.

1 Like

Yes, ITV4 mate. Every Friday night.

1 Like

I’m definitely going to make an effort to watch AEW regularly. Every time I’ve tuned in I’ve enjoyed it, and they really showed themselves in a great light with the Brodie tributes.

The thing that puts me off most of the time is the way people act like you have to hate WWE if you like AEW. Their styles are so different though that I can’t see why there’s not room to like both.

3 Likes

Very true.

I think I’ve said earlier that promos and on the mic, etc, WWE wins (although Eddie Kingston in AEW is fantastic at cutting a promo and has exceptional mic skills)

In-ring- I’d say AEW wins. I also think having a few fans in house is better than having no fans, like WWE does.

However, like you, I’d hope this leads to a wrestling renaissance of sorts. WWF were brilliant while competing with WCW. Let’s hope for more of the same. Competition breeds success

Yep. We don’t get the attitude era if it wasn’t for wcw :grin:

1 Like

@Mr_Nostalgia

Did you watch AEW Dynamite last week?

It was the most fitting tribute to a late wrestler I’d ever seen. A real tear jerker :pensive:

Gotta be honest, I fell asleep before it started :weary::joy:

Why do they have it on so late on a Friday! :grin:

1 Like

They’ve gotta show an old James Bond flick to begin with. That’s the rule :joy:

1 Like
3 Likes

1997 should have been Sid’s year after WM as well.

2 Likes