Wrestling

This one? It’s Bret and Owen

Yep Bret and Owen vs. Steiner Brothers in 94. I’m 99% sure the whole thing is on the network

An underrated classic

1 Like

Yea the turn at the end of it was well executed too.

1 Like

Diesel was a bit of a cunt, mind you. Bret is still understandably cut up about the double power bomb after he legit won the belt off him at SS95

Found a hidden gem after the match as well. Diesel vs Lex Luger on a RAW. Weren’t expecting it to be as good as it was. For the IC title

1 Like
1 Like

What are people’s opinions here on Taker?

GOAT

One of my favourite memories of that shit angle. You can tell Taker was so close to breaking

Angle was legendary that year too. Perfect combination of comedy and seriousness.

One of or The Greatest?

Yep. Along with Bret, Owen and Macho Man

Level below the top tier. Never had the peak and personally I don’t think about him at all since he lost his streak.

2 Likes

His ability to get a child gimmick over the way he did and his longevity put him in any bracket for greats.

I don’t think he ever had a peak like Flair, Hogan, Austin though so that’s probably why I wouldn’t put him that bracket

1 Like

Taker is absolutely one of the greats, his best work for me was towards the second half/ end of his run as a full time performer when he, Batista, Eddie, Angle and co were smashing it on Smackdown every week. Some of his matches in that period were seriously unreal in addition to his absolute mastery of his character and the psychology.

I have other wrestlers that I like more, but I don’t think any that I think are cast-iron better.

2 Likes

I just don’t know how to appropriately rate his longevity honestly. For starters Sting and Ric Flair (who can’t seem to give it up ffs) had peaks and longevity. Then there’s rating the longevity itself. Is it better than Kurt Angle’s 8 years, Bret Hart’s 13 Years? There’s others too. Level below the top for sure.

1 Like

SUMMERSLAM 1994

I.R.S. and Bam Bam Bigelow vs The Headshrinkers - 4/10
Bull Nakano vs Alundra Blayze - 6/10
Diesel vs Razor Ramon - 6/10
Tatanka vs Lex Luger - 4/10
Jeff Jarrett vs Mabel - 2/10
Owen Hart vs Bret Hart - 8/10
The Undertaker vs The Undertaker - 3/10

Average rating: 5/10

One thing I’ve learnt about 1994 is it’s very mediocre and average at best lol. For every great match, there’s 2 awful ones

Wait til you get to 95 and 96. Dogshit years for WWE

I’m dreading 95 lol. King Mabel’s push? No thanks

1 Like

WCW in 1995 wasn’t much better don’t worry. (Until Randy Savage vs Ric Flair, but I digress)

What the fuck :joy: