Wrestling

If the company has any sense they’ll build around Punk, turn him heel when they find a viable top level baby face to go against him. Not sure who that is yet but the roster is so big they can build one.

But man, I watched parts of the PPV. Won’t spoil it but cba to use spoiler tags so I’ll wait until everyone’s watched it before I drop a comment

Yea nice to see Punk is still a crybaby. And the EVPs are now creating new titles so they can win them first. This company just reeks of 2000-01 WCW

2 Likes

Nash said it reminds him of WCW Thunder lol. And I agree with him. Bloated roster, some chaotic booking, just so much going on and so little going on at the same time.

2 Likes

Way I see it, Punk puts MJF over and makes him a star. That reaction he got was golden.
That’s what producing a good storyline does with great matches that make sense do.
MJF can then carry the company in 2023.
Tony can keep Punk around as a guy behind the scenes. Get JR involved more, get all the good brains available and build on the young talents they have. If he is ballsy he works something out with Cornette too. Perhaps he manages ROH as the developmental.
They have good talent that actually want to learn the proper way like Wardlow, Powerhouse Hobbs, Ricky Starks and others.
Company needs cleansing of the rotten shit now.

This whole mixing of styles ain’t doing it. The ratings even reflect that.
Good professional wrestling pulling a million plus viewers in and then the car crash gang go out there to have their “7* matches” and people tune out by the hundreds.
There isn’t bigger evidence than the recent quarter hour ratings.
Show starting out with comfortably over a million viewers and even maintaining it for a good hour and then suddenly once the Trios shit was on you’re down to 800k viewers. Take a hint Tony and make the right choice.

Kenny Omega & Young Bucks Threatening To Leave AEW After CM Punk Rant Following All Out? - WrestleTalk
They need to go where the big boys play

Watching CM Punk at the media scrum. Damn, he’s going in in in. I love it ahaha

Jim Cornette is going to absolutely have a field day with this lol.

CM Punk destroying the EVPs, Adam Page and Colt Cabana. Link below. Spoilered it

Yeah, that was what I was referencing earlier. It was a joy watching it life and people losing their shit.

Whatever you want to say about Punk negative or positive he gets a reaction from people and he becomes the talk of the week.

It’s been coming and I’m glad Punk was the one to call it out. Some of those guys in the locker room, especially people in “high positions” are just not serious. This is exactly what he said when AEW started out, the EVPs were desperate to sign him and were teasing his name in every event to generate interest which threw him off. He pretty much called them amateur for the way they went about offering him a contract via text, lol. It wasn’t till he came into contact with Tony where he decided to do business with AEW.

In the scrum, he called it all out(no pun intended), the locker room being full of children, wrestlers leaking shit to suit their agendas and get out certain narratives, etc.

Imagine trying to bury the biggest star in the company because Colt fucking Cabana who hasn’t been a key member of AEW was gonna get cut, which he hasn’t btw. Still with the company, contract renewed, still getting paid by TK.

Kinda justifies Cody after all the shit he got for falling out with The Elite. I think he and his wife got far too much abuse it in the past and the fans turned on him too. It definitely played a part in him getting disinterested and wanting out.

Pretty positive Punk spoke out for a lot of older guys in the back. Mark Henry, Billy Gunn, FTR, JR, Dean Malenko, etc.
There’s too many guys in the back that think they know better and do not want any advice from those who have actually done something in this business.
Watch this from Billy Gunn:
Billy Gunn on coaching differences between WWE & AEW #shorts | The Sessions with Renee Paquette - YouTube

A 15 match one night card is automatically shit.

I enjoyed the PPV @GC-Maniac

I think Acclaimed v Swerve in our Glory was actually the match of the night. Acclaimed firmly stars now. I think Jaymie Hayter came across well in the 4-way match, too.

MJF coming out to the Rolling Stones was magnificent as the Joker. Took me until halfway through the PPV to think “that could be MJF”. The walk, the swagger, the height. Even had to make him wear gloves as the orange hands would have been a dead giveaway.

I quite liked the final of the trios match as well.

FTR and Wardlow are almost sickly as faces now.

Jericho v Danielson was engrossing (but is Danielson becoming a jobber?)

Overall, I thought All Out last year was better and one of the best PPVs I ever watched with the introduction of Danielson and Adam Cole back-to-back. That won’t be bettered. But the MJF segment at the end tonight- beautiful.

Solid 8/10 PPV. Forget the politics behind the scenes. The wrestling and drama within the ring was great.

Is there anyone who uses this thread regularly who hasn’t been in here now? I think we can drop the spoiler tags :joy:

They make the thread look as ridiculous and contrived as an AEW press conference.

Watching this now lol. Cornette loved it

1 Like

Have you guys heard that the Young Bucks and Kenny stormed into Punk’s locker room to confront him?
Punk with Ace Steel beat the shit out of them even outnumbered.
This is an actual quote:

Security was called and there were many people trying to break everything up. One person outright said it was situation of “them trying to save lives”

Apparently one of the Bucks is sporting a black eye and Ace Steel is most likely getting fired.

Wtf did The Elite think was gonna happen when they confronted Punk, lol? The guy may have got his ass whooped in UFC but he was fighting legit guys in the biggest MMA promotion. They stood no chance against Punk and Ace. I honestly want to know if they attempted a Superkick and if they actually slapped their thighs while doing it too.

2 Likes

Is that a real story? Hilarious if true if I ever confronted someone and they starched me I’d never show my face again lol

Yeah, it’s been doing the rounds.

Apparently, there are legal issues now ongoing too. Imagine this happening back in the day, lmao.
Storming into someone’s locker room, outnumbering him and then crying after getting your asses whopped.

1 Like

My respect for Punk went down after the media scrum and now it’s gone right back up again :sweat_smile:

Absolutely glorious. I think Phil is a whiny and entitled bitch sometimes but he’s absolutely spot on with how he’s addressed the marks in AEW.

From when I heard them tell JR and the other older guys they didn’t need any advice all that time ago i already knew what kind of people they were.

1 Like

Phil’s a whiny bitch and The Bucks/Omega and Khan are all marks, this was always gonna happen

Caught wind of this and had a look at the scrum.

That was awesome, where has this Punk been all along. Hope he clowns on the EVP’s again. My opinion of him actually increased :joy:

1 Like