Wrestling

Unfortunately, SD has sucked for months now. Most good shit comes out of RAW and that’s like 20-30 mins out of 3 hours(2 hours and 10-20 minutes without adds).

Roman’s absence has hurt Smackdown more than Raw, no doubt, but the show has been the stronger of the two for some time. Raw has suffered far more for Vince’s worst habits.

I was quite annoyed Triple H kept one of my least favourite tv plot devices last week - the single match that ends in an interference DQ and gets restarted after the ad break as a tag match.

Dunno, I think since Mania that changed. SD feels like RAW extra time. Too much crossover, Drew v Sheamus rematches like there’s no tomorrow, New Day doing the same old gig, Ronda pretending to be happy, etc.
The only redeeming thing about it is Walter.

I have similar thoughts for Rampage. Both shows are easy to get through as they’re the shorter counterparts of the promotion but you could easily skip them and miss absolutely nothing.

Raw was good, but wouldn’t say it was anything special personally.
Definitely wouldn’t classify it a statement show, this should be the bare minimum every week.

Its weird so many people are aware that change will be a process in WWE and at the same time are expecting “statement” shows that change it overnight.

Its pretty clear that WWE is on a path to a better on screen product week to week, which is more important than any individual episode of tv.

1 Like

I’m specifically talking about those rumours regarding RAW yesterday being a statement show.

Personally, I was left disappointed.

Probably not enough people doing gymnastics without touching each other for your taste :wink:

2 Likes

I ain’t into that shit.

1 Like

Well, regardless, I’d rather a consistently good product week to week than an occasionally excellent but inconsistent one.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that though. Just talking about the show being hyped up for no real reason.
This wasn’t a RAW after a big PPV type of show.
It was just a more structured Raw than usual. I thought it was good show but nothing crazy.

Who hyped it up as that though? Twitter ITKs from what I saw.

Dirtsheets. WWE is usually the one leaking that info as well.
We knew RAW would have the first hour commercial free hour before the show because of them.

If that’s what you base your expectations off disappointment is likely to be a part of the experience

Not true. SummerSlam exceeded my expectations.
Same dirtsheets hyped up that show no? And it did deliver.

That’s funny because I thought Summerslam was very middling by WWE standards

Yeah, I saw that. I thought it had some pretty good matches, the main event was great as a spectacle, definitely better than the main event at Mania which fell flat imo. It also didn’t drag like other big PPVs which suck the life out of you.
What was lacking for you?

I thought the first and last matches were pretty good, but there was nothing to the card that was special apart from that. Logan Paul just doesn’t do it for me and as I sit here now I’m struggling to remember much else on the card which is a sign it wasn’t a very substantial show. I don’t think the wrestling delivered anything special on the night.

1 Like

I think it was a 7-7.5/10.
Liked Bianca v Becky, Usos v Profits, even Logan v Miz. Main event was clear MOTN for me.
For what is worth, I don’t particularly like Logan Paul, definitely miscast but he’s a celeb and if we’re being honest he might be too big for WWE so I get why they give him so much freedom.
I did feel bad for Miz in that match, kid is definitely a work on progress still. He can do a bunch of stuff sure, he’s clearly athletic but he was certainly stiff. Miz got banged up a lot and I’m sure Paul did too which makes his work unsustainable. If he wants to do this regularly he’ll need to address that.

Yeah, I don’t disagree with too much of that. As I said, I thought it was a middle of the road show, certainly not a bad one but I do think a lot of the positive feedback it’s gotten is a bit of a honeymoon period for Triple H.

1 Like

Who can guess who this is without checking the comments?