Wrestling

Proves there’s no “rivalry” between companies at all. Just friendly competition and variety

See, I don’t think WWE is classifying themselves as a wrestling promotion anymore.

Won’t be long before it becomes WSE(World Sports Entertainment).

The forum’s favourite made a cameo too.

Nikki Bella screaming right now.

1 Like

Lol MJF weren’t lying when he said Tony Khan was a mark

3 Likes

Fuck yeah he is. :muscle:

he’s like a rich kid buying all the nice toys he wants

2 Likes

True, but he is a bit of a genius, to a fried point actually which is why he is so socially awkward.
Still, he is a good dude, probably to a fault.

Bit refreshing compared to all the fuckboy brats
that preach about being “alpha” and how they worked their way to becoming millionaires/billionaires.

I like Tony but he needs less surprises (even though they are great most of the time)

How anyone can look at Fulham and AEW and call him a genius is beyond me lol

3 Likes

People who work with him do.

Plus, if you listen to him he’s an encyclopedia of information. It’s a bit mad at times.

People who he pays a disproportionately high amount of money to lol

Knowing a lot of things doesn’t make someone a genius

Never seen Kenny in this state before. Looks totally beat up and tired. I swear the guy aged 10 years since he left Japan.

1 Like

I really do think AEW do a shit job of looking after their wrestlers, they allow far too much risky stuff in the ring.

1 Like

I think this applies to many things.
WWE is big on micromanagement and AEW is big on freedom.

The sweet spot is somewhere along the middle.

Sure, allow the top guys more freedom like Punk and Bryan who know their shit but letting some low card guys do their spotfest that devalue other parts of the issue while they’re one botch away from getting paralysed is stupid.

Doesn’t AEW leave it up to their wrestlers? Which is part of their original support in the first place?

There was always a critique of that style (myself included) but there was a sufficient base that wanted more of that stuff. It is what it is.

Yeah, and they shouldn’t imo.

I trust someone like Punk or Bryan doing his thing out there but allowing random people that have barely any TV experience go out there, pulling out tables, doing spots on the mat and drawing blood in an heatless match makes my head boil.

And honestly, sometimes you have to be strict with legends too. Jeff arrived in AEW like a right mess. Overweight and sluggish. He was taking career ending bumps on a weekly basis. Couldn’t Tony pull him aside and tell him to take easy. Hell, perhaps tell his brother that. I get that that they treated is as their last run and wanted to go out on a bang but I wonder if Jeff tried to counter the pain of his body breaking down by abusing drugs and alcohol.

1 Like

I agree, but ultimately this goes back to Moxley complaining about creative direction and control in WWE and that’s been the narrative and direction AEW and the fanbase has gone in ever since that everyone needs creative freedom to realise their true potential. (Which is not true)

Like many of things WWE does is shite but there was reasoning behind it. Even during Attitude Era very few wrestlers had creative freedom because truthfully most Wrestlers past, present and future don’t know what the fuck they’re actually doing.

1 Like

Told ya. Expect more of this in the future.
Does feel like betrayal a bit. This is just the start before WWE is just a place for celebrities and social media stars having fake fights.