Wrestling

The PPV numbers are very high mate. It’s nuts to suggest otherwise.

Bischoff totally embarrassed himself on that one . Tbf, he rarely has a good take.

They have only broken 200,000 thousand buys once in the companies entire history. They got 150k buys from their last PPV those numbers are not very high.

@SRCJJ Out of curiosity, how much do you think Punk makes a year?

In wrestling terms for 2022 they’re high.

$3 million a year

Don’t know if the wrestlers should take slack for AEW tbf. The ratings and demos have been stable despite the the good shows and matches. Seems they’re doing their job broadly speaking.

Wrestling is in a rut because “Good matches” is all it really offers, but it isn’t quite enough. As they say the core wrestling will watch and that’s it. Would like some evolution is how wrestling is presented but doesn’t seem to be much of a priority from anybody.

1 Like

I think it’s higher, I think Punk, Mox and Jericho make around the same money. I’ve seen reports suggesting it’s 5m per annum but I don’t think anyone knows for sure.
PPVs cost 50 bucks in the US don’t they? 200,000 x 50 bucks, that’s 10 million. Say we were to believe the reports, that’s two years worth of Punk’s pay.

Their ticket sales since Punk arrived are going crazy too. They sell out in certain areas almost instantly.
Forbidden Door which takes place in Punk’s Chicago sold out in minutes.

That’s not how PPV works mate. The PPV company tend to keep 50% of the PPV revenue (that’s the general rule) so even if I took your figured that’s $5 million in revenue which doesn’t include the cost of actually running the event.

I’d be surprised if AEW was a profitable company tbh lol

And they sold out 10,000 seats at All Out that’s not exactly breathtaking numbers that’s a standard weekly show number.

That’s what they’re running though. And those tickets go out almost instantly.
There’s a clear upward trend since Punk arrived. The show’s quality went up, the numbers have gone up.
What else does Eric want?
Is his gripe the TV ratings? Well, Punk’s segments often do the best numbers. Show goes for 2 hours, not his fault if segments he isn’t on don’t draw as much.

We don’t know AEW’s financials but it’s true it’s likely they’re running at a loss while they’re trying to establish their name. If Eric wants to talk about flops Punk is the last name he should be pointing at.

1 Like

People have already drawn the parallels to Batista but I’m not a fan of him saying it. If we’re drawing parallels then we’ll start talking about Batista’s time at the top.
Some unnecessary pressure on himself considering he’ll never reach those highs. Those highs are not achievable in wrestling anymore.

Look at them put this on Cody now.
Not that their product is the fucking shits.

I’m gonna put a fireball in their face, cos I’m a wizard. :angry:

1 Like

Wonder how many get that reference. :rofl:

1 Like

It’s so damn good. It’s grown on me lol

I didn’t like it, thought it was stupid when he used it the first time, too forced.
However I’ll be lying if I said it hasn’t grown on me, and he hasn’t been using it for that long either.

Liked his promo last week. Felt like he was back. Still though, I think most of his segments are a bit hit/miss.
Intrigued to see what they do after Sunday with Forbidden Door on the horizon.
I think at some point I would like him and Punk to revisit the past. Think there is a lot to tap into. Those unfiltered face-offs will be iconic, could outdo MJF-Punk or Eddie-Punk.

1 Like

Oh most definitely. This would be sick. The face/heel conundrum surrounding those two would be an interesting dynamic.

When is Double or Nothing?

Sunday, or to be precise, 1 in the morning on Monday for us.

1 Like

The GOAT probably insisted as he wants to watch the Champions League final.

1 Like

Punk is a sports addict but I don’t think football is his thing.

I know you’re talk about JeriGOAT :rofl:

1 Like

Did you see Ruby Soho try not to laugh on Rampage when he said he’d throw a fireball in her face? :sweat_smile:

1 Like