Wrestling

Mighty Molly is a Producer? Learnt something.

Yeah quite highly rated too from the podcast and need I’ve listened to.

I still think this is really weird, there’s got to be more to it.

Seeing people comparing this to Punk and Steve, I think they are way off the mark here.
Punk wrapped up Rumble and was gonna feud with Haitch. He didn’t ruin any kid’s momentum or left then hanging without notice.
Steve did it to Brock sure but he also did it the day before the show.

I assume they’ll work things out but you’re now giving performers too much rope.
At some point, someone will do this at gorilla right before they go out and you’ll end up jeopardising your TV deal.

I also think Punk and Austin were right in their own ways. Austin didn’t have an issue losing to Brock, it was losing to Brock in a random King of the Ring qualifier with no build. He thought, correctly, that everyone could have benefitted more from a proper feud and payoff.

Punk, well, he’d been very unhappy for a long time and clearly wasn’t right mentally and the company really failed to make the most of what they had with him and as you say, he left without interrupting any stories or really hurting anyone beyond how disappointed everyone was not to have him on the show anymore.

Nothing that’s come out so far makes me think Sasha and Naomi were clearly in the right, or that the situation was such that this was their only option.

1 Like

I wasn’t being respected enough as Internet Champion

Future me explaining my decision to quit OA

3 Likes

Vince fired her too?

Can’t tell if they’re just leaning into it or if it’s just a flat out work

Yeah, weird for WWE to give this so much attention if it isn’t a work.
But then again, they may want to control the narrative to avoid another Punk scenario.
Apparently Sasha and Naomi are near the end of their contracts, WWE may be fearing what they’ll come out and say at some point.

You excited about next week @DavidHillier?
It’s Double Or Nothing week. The PPV looks stacked, that’s probably the best card they’ve put out to date.
And the respective shows next week are a bit PPV-like too.
Look at this for Dynamite:

Yeah, the PPV looks good. I loved Jericho and Regal’s segment on Dynamite the other day (I genuinely actually wondered if Jericho would mention the “spot of pee” moment from WWE, and he did!)

Much rather Jericho took on Eddie Kingston 1 on 1 and beat him. They’re trying to build up Kingston to stupidly ridiculous heights given his limited talents.

The Owen- I’d like Joe to win it in the men’s division but I can see Jay Lethal putting paid to this with outside interference. O’Reilly v Adam Cole would be boring.

I hope Big Cass isn’t just finished after one match at AEW. I thought his match with Wardlow was great.

Wardlow v MJF and Hangman Page v CM Punk look like the most intriguing matches on the PPV card.

1 Like

I heard Jericho came back looking lean again lol. Nice to see him get himself back into shape

2 Likes
2 Likes

Saw his kids in a backstage picture recently. They very much look like him. Glad his wrestling career is celebrated.

1 Like

He looks younger now. :joy:

Black people really do age well lol

1 Like

Eric Bischoff said CM Punk has been a big financial flop for AEW and I can totally see why. They’re paying him top dollar and he hasn’t moved the needle in any way, shape or form. Once the hype for his comeback died people pretty much just realised he’s a past prime mid 40s wrestler

2 Likes

It’s nonsense from Bischoff mate.
Punk gave AEW their highest PPV numbers to date, the best feuds and segments to date and the sheer demand of his merch broke their shop.

1 Like

CM Punk has done OK since he’s been back tbf. The current kayfabe with Page is great

It wasn’t nonsense. Punk hasn’t moved the needle in terms of TV ratings, the PPV numbers aren’t high enough and the merchandise he’s moved doesn’t justify his salary.

Bischoff is absolutely spot on about Punk not being able to justify his lofty wages. It was a good investment from AEW from a credibility standpoint but from a financial perspective AEW will probably never see a return on that investment

1 Like