William Saliba (2)

Our forwards must be really good in training that they made Saliba looked like dumb fuck, and convinced Arteta that he was useless for us.

Pepe will get him in training.

3 Likes

I haven’t had much time to watch him for Nice yet but from what I hear on FT he seems to be making mistakes that lead to goals every other game.

Doubt they watch him.

Don’t doubt they know fuck all.

1 Like

Love that dribbled past stat :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah but can he whack an aimless ball to the middle left of the pitch from kickoff like Holding does? If not, get rid.

3 Likes

So he’s ready for the mighty Arsenal then.

He really is THE NEW VAN DIJK

1 Like

Either way anyone looks at this, putting him in this situation is always going to be a thorn in Arteta’s/Edu’s side. However, hearing good-ish things from his loan spell at Nice is exactly what we want to hear.

Whether that gives Mikel pause for thought whilst he strokes that ‘smooth brain’ of his, is a different question.

3 Likes
1 Like

Honestly thought that positive was going to say drugs at first. Quite relieved to see it was Covid tbh.:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

What do you reckon the plan is for him next season?
Starting CB?
Cover CB and slowly integrated into the team?
Another loan?
Sell?

I reckon it’ll be another loan.

My guess is cover CB or sell.

I think Arteta will want a new RCB, whether that is Saliba or someone else. Luiz even if resigned will be 34 and Holding seems totally out of favor.

My guess is that King Mikel makes the decision and I will be backing that no matter what. siuuuuu mi mikkeeleelelleleleleleleleleelel

1 Like

Anything other than making Saliba starting CB will be a mistake

4 Likes

Hang on, he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire at Nice.
Why should we force him into the side if he’s not ready?

1 Like

I think the problem was he was unfit mentally and physically after both his parents died last Summer.

Then they cocked up at the last minute on a loan in September to get him fit and develop him further.

Now after this latest loan he’ll be back in the Summer as a potential starter especially if Luiz is moved on because he’s deemed past it.

But only time will tell and guess it depends how well he plays at Nice as their season finishes so it’s down to him.

I think all options are open at the moment. I personally think we need another top quality CB, on the right-hand side, but there are other positions where we need to strengthen first. For me we need:

• two new central midfielders
  • a No.10…Ødegaard on a permanent deal please Arsenal!
  • a new RB to replace Bellerin
  • a new striker to replace Laca (only one year left on his contract…got to either sell or offer him a new deal…I’d sell and with his form this season we would get a good price for him)
  • a backup LB to provide cover for Tierney

So, I think we could live with a Gabriel/Mari and Holding/Saliba partnership next season at the centre of our defence…

1 Like