William Saliba (2)

There’s no process to trust.

We’re a joke club, with a joke manager, a joke board and a joke squad.

2 Likes

Relax guys its just the danish humor. Om behalf of my country i sincerely apologize for any misunderstandings.

4 Likes

Never go full Cristo.

@Aussiegooner back me up here bro

2 Likes

If we loan Saliba out don’t get in a quality CM I’ll lose all faith in Edu and I’ll have massive concerns over Arteta also.

We aren’t a club they can make a 30 mill investment in a CB and loan him for 2/5 years of his contract.

6 Likes

I don’t think nobody planned to loan him for two years when we were buying him… But like Arteta said the last season just didn’t go through as planned for him, too many injury problems, only 12 league appearances in the end, the corona… He’s basically in the same place, as a player, as he was at the end of 2018/19. You can’t just dissmiss and ignore that atm and act like he had a perfect season and play him.

It’s not ideal, but in this situation another loan deal, and hopefully getting proper 30ish games in Ligue 1 wouldn’t hurt him at all. Look at Gabriel, he’s seems ready for our starying XI, I expect saliba to get there after one proper season (even in France).

1 Like

The problem is we could be having the same discussion in 12 months time if things go to shit again. how many games in France does he need to be ready for some league cup and europa cup games here?

6 Likes

So he brakes his leg, doesn’t play for a year and you expect him to be ready for our starting XI at the start of the next season?
Brilliant.

Not sure how you’ve drawn those dots.

I said league cup and europa cup. And you build from there. Like any other fucking youth player.

5 Likes

I reckon something is going on we aren’t being told about, I went out of my way to watch him a few times last season and no way known he isn’t already good enough to he involved for us.

2 Likes

He needs consistent game time. He didn’t get that last year.
You can give those cup games to a player who is basically ready, you just give him some space to gel.
He wont GROW with those occasional cup games.

I disagree. Playing 15-20 games here, learning our systems and style. Worth ten times playing 30-35 games elsewhere.

By all means, list all the successful players we’ve sent out on multiple loans and reaped the benefits from doing so…

8 Likes

I strongly disagree. He’s not yet on that level to be bothering about a certain system… He still needs to grow as a player in general sense, first of all physically, but with other stuff too.
Look at Gnabry, it didn’t hurt him spending a couple of years in midtable teams in a farmers league… Now he’s one of the best attackers in the world.
You don’t get to that level just by training hard.

2 Likes

So is it official now? How you @Cristo joined the miserable cunt gang ?

Most people do…eventually.
There will be a queue of people wanting to join after this transfer window. :grinning:

4 Likes

:100: this especially if we’re trying to build a culture and play to a certain philosophy and style. I think it’s absolutely Imperative that we especially drill that into our youngsters. Honestly give a him a break to go back to France to get his head sorted for a month or so. Then bring him back play him in all the cup games, and against the lesser teams. That’sat least 10-15 games, plus he will have the added benefit of being around the rest of squad, building relationships and being trained to play how we want him to play.

Next season he will be ready to just walk into the team.

1 Like

I agree with you in that it’s better if he stays but I wouldn’t be mad if he went on loan. We have to take into account the context.

Arteta doesn’t look like he wants to mess around. He almost always puts out the best side he can to win the match. We’ve seen him be reluctant in rotating as well due to it.
I’m sure Arsene would give the lad minutes even if it meant a couple of mistakes here and there.

1 Like

Valid point here and if Arteta simply isn’t going to play him then I can see a sense in a loan, albeit I can’t see any sense in having that reluctance in the first place.

3 Likes

I read recently that we’re going implementing a new approach to the market similar to Chelsea’s where you buy up as much young talent as you can, send them all out on loan and see if anything sticks.

Perhaps this was the approach with this young man, hopefully we get a solid loan fee. I really thought he was an investment for the team though, not just for the finances.

1 Like

Fucking love that saying, saw a program called young offenders, they use it alot.

Me hole.