William Saliba (2)

Arteta will figure something out

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the major concern is here. At the worst we play 3 at the back with Ben White as the RCB, Holding in the middle and Gabriel as LCB. We pretty much transition into this formation when Zinny inverts and plays in midfield (and everywhere) so we can adapt to it ok.

As for Saliba, until there is some more concrete news, I’m not going to worry about something that isn’t confirmed.

1 Like

The concern is that the drop off from Saliba to Holding is too much. Yeah, we already kind of play with a back three given Zinchenko’s license to move.

That said, it would be an incredible story if he does have to play the next ten games and we still win the league.

You push Saliba through if you can, who knows when we will be in this position going into April again.

I don’t want our league title hopes resting on 2 months of Rob Holding, I’ve seen too many dogshit defenders in action for Arsenal over the last 15 years and we all know how it ends up.

3 Likes

Massive Blow to Arsenal Chances of Title.

I’d absolutely try and pain killer / manage him through the season even if it means he misses the first few months of next campaign… obviously I don’t know the state of the injury or if that’s possible though, but I’d be exploring every possible alternative to surgery at this point.

The gulf in quality from Saliba to Holding is monumental.

1 Like

We had concerns when Jesus was injured. Then we had concerns when Partey was missing.
Came through that and stayed top.
Part and parcel of the game. One solitary player missing with the other ten still intact is extremely positive with ten games left.
People have been purring about Saka, Jesus, Martinelli, Partey, Odegaard, etc all season. Now we have People throwing the towel in because Saliba is out.
I mean come on let’s get some perspective.

2 Likes

Holding is utter dogshit championship level defender, out of all our first team backups he’s the worst imo that’s my concern.

Although I see your point about having 10 other starters fit.

Just outscore the opposition, we have the players to do so.

2 Likes

Partey to RB, Ben White to CB solves it really if Saliba is out long term. Partey could easily do what Zinchenko does from the left and step into central midfield when is possesion.

But the midfield and attack is fully in place. In fact the attack is improved because Jesus will be fully fit now.
The midfield will dig in a bit more on the road but it’s well capable of that.
I mean I see people bricking it but nobody questioning City team or fixtures.
Haaland could be a massive blow for them. There in must win territory here.
Arteta has said in the past with injuries you just have to accept it.
I get it more if we had 2 or 3 out but not Saliba in isolation.
Out of the two I’m glad we have Gabriel for the pairing with Holding.

6 Likes

His grave will be adorned with flowers everyday

I may be a bit out of the loop here, but where has it been confirmed that Saliba is out for the season/more than the Leeds match?

@Stroller…I’m absolutely loving the positivity here and I’m in complete agreement with you. We can do this!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m with you Strolls, I think we’ll dig deep and be ok.

3 Likes

Partey at RB is not an option, he’s too valuable in midfield

Fuckin Tomiyasu man always a crock.

You know what, the best ability is availability you guys are right.

4 Likes

Think there is a lot of expectation of City going on some mad streak now and winning all their remaining matches.

We’ll drop points, and it’s even likely we lose at the Etihad however City have shown multiple times under various circumstances that they can drop points, especially away from home.

1 Like

I think the concern for me is that it gives the defense a very obvious weak link for the opposition to target. I don’t mind Holding in the air, that’s probably what he’s best at but I don’t want him having to cover big spaces so we can’t really play up on the halfway line like we do when Saliba and Gabriel are the CB pairing. Holding will have to cheat back a little bit because he just can’t physically replicate what Saliba does in open space.

1 Like

Yeah doesn’t mean we have to throw in the towel and the other 10 are still more than capable in most games but it’s a big concern if he is out for long.

I’d rather see Kiwior because I don’t yet know his mobility is shit. Love Bobby the guy but the player potentially starting for 2 months scares me.

Speak for yourself, I’ve already protected myself emotionally by being as grumpy about this as possible. I don’t want to get hurt again. It’s like last season on steroids.

2 Likes

With a full strength team out It’s pretty unlikely the difference between us winning against almost any team in the league will be because of Holding.

Against Palace people were drawing up 11s with 3 or 4 players all out of position to cover it up and then he just walks out and there is no drop off at all.

We will it feel it against Darwin for sure but let’s see.

Arsenal fans love to panic.

10 Likes