William Saliba (2)

Saliba’s looking directly into the photographer’s camera…I await the results

EDIT: Saliba!

13 Likes

What do we think Billy is worth?

I don’t reckon he settles for anything less than 150k.

He’s one of those young players with an established elite reputation. Lock him in for 5 years. In 3 years should Madrid or PSG come knocking, they can start the bidding at 100m. Hopefully we’ve won a few shiny pieces of metal in that time.

But he’s a fundamental component of our spine now. Have to keep him at the club.

2 Likes

Think it’s worth tying him down on 150. If I were Gabriel, it wouldn’t make me happy to know that my centre back partner was on nearly, so maybe I’d give Billy a hefty signing on bonus and 100k a, week.

1 Like

Around 150k pw sounds about right. Ideally should be under though, not over.

A little less than whatever Gabriel is on.

6 Likes

If there’s a silver lining to Saliba up and down form since the World Cup, its that it hopefully provided a little reality check on the salary expectations. People were talking about 200-250k in the fall.

3 Likes

This 21-year-old has only gone and made my day.

laugh-cry

4 Likes

Shocking defending on that first goal. An absolutely harmless cross, can’t believe we let that ball come to their attacker. No words.

Had a few bad moments in the first half of the season too, but now you could say he’s having quite a weak second half of the season. Makes a huge blunder almost every game.

Really has to improve on this.

2 Likes

Since Toney beat him up he’s been good in duels and with interceptions but he is having too many brain farts. Not been great since the. World Cup.

2 Likes

Yeah that was poor, but so was everything about that goal tbh. Caught cold from the kickoff, overloaded left hand side and we just didn’t prepare for it.

Absolutely horrible way to start a match.

2 Likes

My bad :grimacing:

Had to replay it like 50 times because I couldn’t understand his reaction, only from another angle I saw Gabriel deflected the ball.

Not his mistake actually… Gabriel’s mistake, shouldn’t have touched it at all if he wasn’t sure he’ll able to make proper contact.

All in all a really bad goal to concede.

Yeah, again, this was all Gabriel, a really weak reaction, basically made an asisst for their attacker there, if he doesn’t touch it surely either Saliba or Partey clear the ball.

2 Likes

He’s a young CB with his best years well, well ahead of him.

His celebration when Nelson belted the winner in. He is balls in, fully invested into Arsenal and what we can achieve.

It just looks like he loves being here and being a big part of what we’re doing this season.

Booted the cunt out of the corner flag, lost his mind celebrating on his own before joining everybody else. Loved that passion

16 Likes

Loved that perfectly timed slide tackle to stop James in his tracks.

6 Likes

Goals aside, think he had a top game against Sporting too. Slowly rediscovering his form.

7 Likes

Would’ve been perfect if that bullet he hit flew in

3 Likes
12 Likes

This was his best performance post World Cup. Looked like his usual confident self that’s for sure. So composed and just didn’t look as hurried as he had done recently

6 Likes

That was some fckin pass, wasn’t it?

Xhaka’s to Trossard was simpler but it was shit by comparison. For Trossard to have made an assist out of that is testament to his ability

3 Likes

Best Arsenal center half partnership since
Toure x Campbell

4 Likes