William Saliba (2)

I hope so.

2 Likes

Well deserved in that case.

1 Like

FA gonna ban him for 2 games. You are not allowed to show emotions during games. WTF is he thinking.

4 Likes

Good form by the crowd to grip the buttocks.

Needs a wake up slap. Just haven’t been on it even before the WC break.
Boys covered for him in this period, need him to step up now.
Absolutely bullied by DCL today.

Think the defence looked ragged because the midfield was nonexistent in cover and readiness for getting on the ball after the first 20.
Ramsdale struggled for options short and long too.

3 Likes

We have to talk about this brother…

Been off form for quite some time.

4 Likes

His defending has been crap since coming back from the World Cup

1 Like

The defending for the second goal was so bad. Totally lost trying to decide if he’ll play the offside trap or not.

Mikel needs to drop him and reduce that contract offer.

Guy has been trash for weeks

He looks timid now, for someone of his stature he’s being moved about far too easily in addition to shaky play

Should be benched, this stuff from Arteta is showing his inexperience

Had a poor second half but showed some classy moments in the first.
Shadowed Haaland out of bounds a few times in that first half.

2 Likes

Those are the types of inconsistencies you’d expect from guy that young. We were spoiled by his pre WC form.

3 Likes

Agreed. Plus the level of expectation and no real experienced partner to talk him through games.
Still a quality prospect.

2 Likes

Was he really that bad? Thought he dealt with Haaland pretty well.

4 Likes

I thought last night was one of his better games post World Cup, especially 1st half.

4 Likes

He definitely wasn’t bad. I thought it was notable that Haaland pulled off Gabriel and onto Saliba. Or at least that’s how it looked to me.

Overall it was a fine game. He’s had three pretty tough match ups in a row. DCL, Toney and Haaland.

Emoji material?

21 Likes

Will have to do some rotating but yes! Definitely

7 Likes

Best performance of his in months. Don’t think he could do much in the first goal. That was a pretty good goal from Watkins.