William Saliba (2)

Have you…strange who was saying that, i know i can only go on youtube stuff and a couple of matches i have seen him in but he looked really solid on that

Tbf a French journalist on the the radio. Funny most of the footage of seen was on the floor.
Never gave it a thought till he mentioned it.

Our future beating our past. We like to see that!

1 Like

He looked rather decent in the air, I missed the first 35 minutes so I can’t judge the whole game. But he won all the headers I saw. Seems like he relies much on his strength in 1-on-1’s and he had a few impressive interceptions as well.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I’m glad he is continuing his education at the right environment, far far away from this mess here.

He can come fresh and ready to become the best CB in the world under Mourinho (great call there Jade :poldi:)

7 Likes

Cheers @Craigie

2 Likes

Loaning him back is seeming like a masterstroke with each passing week

He should never be exposed to Emeryitis

3 Likes
5 Likes

Who’s the St Etienne coach? See if we can get him in as part of the deal maybe.

1 Like

Just imagined Saliba making one of those passes around the defender and Xhaka just staring at it as it rolls to the opposition midfielders.

1 Like

He is a big bastard with some real presence. Like his confidence with forward passing too. Seems to be a good prospect.

:auba:

3 Likes

Claude Puel, so you May want to rethink that haha

2 Likes

Everyone who’s watching him rn are raving about him.

So so glad he’s out on loan and away from this negative spiral.

5 Likes

Under Emery next season:

Saliba picks it up outside the box after a fantastic interception.
Looks up. Sees Xhaka running away from him and Torreira being marked by a DM.
Pings it to Tierney who just ran 60 yards to make space due to lack of movement from the whole team.
Tired first touch.

Throw in.

10 Likes

I’m on an RDO today and been watching the game, the kid is a very special talent.

5 Likes

I think we’ll struggle to hold onto him beyond the age of 21/22.

even if that is the case, which is probably not the case because he turned down a lot of offers specifically so he could join arsenal, we would get a fortune for him…with another manager hopefully getting us playing better stuff i dont see why he wouldnt wanna stay.

1 Like