Wilfried Zaha

Literally the first I’ve heard of this rumour

2 Likes

I’ve seen it in a couple of places as well. Very unlikely though I think, even with our shite business record that’d be a new low… but sometimes you get that “no smoke without fire” feeling and it feelsbadman.

Never been convinced he has what it takes to make it at a bigger club. And there is already evidence available that that is the case even if other things may have played into that.

2 Likes

It’s simple Jenks is worth at least 80m. United will only receive 6.25m and will be suing Palace for 20m because Jenks is obviously such a great asset

What’s the point in not handing in a transfer request if he wants to leave?

Loyalty bonus or something?

4 Likes

Yeah haha. Or perhaps just fancies a fatter contract

I just can’t see Arsenal and Palace agree on this fee, at all. We’re either confident we can get a deal done, or fools for wasting our time.

4 Likes

It’s not going to happen.
If Palace are selling Wan Bissaka for 50m, there not going to let Zaha go for less than 80m.
I just hope we don’t see a situation where we are at the end of the transfer window and we lose out on Zaha and end up getting no one, then hear, “we tried.”

We’re mucking about offering stupid little amounts of 500k extra to get Tierney, so I hardly think we’re going to be splashing out our record transfer fee on one player.

2 Likes

Any more than £35m and we should just forget about it.
In today’s market he may be worth £50m, but with our constraints it just wouldn’t be value for money for us.

1 Like

If he wanted the move so bad, he wouldn’t have signed that extension without a release cause, the moron.

Now, with our budget, pay any price Palace would want would be completely moronic.

Just play Nelson ffs. Sign the 2 defenders we’re in for and try to offload the shite.

That’s all we should be concentrating on this summer.

1 Like

Sky lost all credibility for me couple of years ago, so I can’t be fussed with these rumours.
According to them Aubameyang singed for City, couple of other big misses, can’t even remeber now…
Ok, time to watch the %##^@^ out of Zaha YT compilatons!

1 Like

Just came back from a Massive Wilfried Zaha - Welcome to Arsenal 2019 despacito remix spree. Have we signed him yet ?

2 Likes

I think the arrogance of footballers and their representatives is astounding sometimes. They think they can sign a big money extension whilst at the same time when they will like it’s time to go the selling club isn’t going to make a fuss about is?

1 Like

If he truly wants to leave, then he’ll hand in a transfer request. The increase in salary would easily cover what loyalty bonus he is hanging on to.

I don’t think we should 80mil on an English winger, when we can look elsewhere for someone cheaper and has better numbers.

3 Likes

Like Craigie said, surely there’s a Bundesliga/Primeira Liga/La Liga Crystal Palace with their own Zaha.

Fucking ridiculous to consider spending this on Zaha.

1 Like

Don’t worry, there is 0% chance we will be spending £80m on him…

Hope so cause I will be pissed if we did, at most 40m

We can’t afford 80m on Zaha anyway. Either significantly reduced price or we won’t be getting him at all.