Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

I suspect the new manager will be shipping out a good few players which will bolster the budget, and this would have been an important part of the negotiations during the interview process. The panel (Gazidis, Sanllehi etc.) will know which players are going to be listed for transfer (and probably know already given the appointment is so close).

Will probably see at least 3 players sold, if not more and the obvious candidates could raise at least £20m + wages (Welbeck, Mustafi, Ospina etc.)

Publicly stating our transfer budget is an intentional tactic (who the fuck does a journalist speak to in order to obtain that information, and if an official source, the only reason for releasing it is to serve some ulterior motive). It’s a ploy to limit transfer fee inflation, even though it’s pretty much unavoidable in today’s market.

The new manager will have the ability to make some big changes to the squad, and I’m looking forward to it irrespective of our purported budget.

2 Likes

I don’t care who is saying 50m, they are talking directly out of their ass or repeating the words that came from someone elses ass.

9 Likes

Absolutely.

It’s the Rumour Centipede.

2 Likes

Don’t be Man City’s bitch. GET ALLEGRI.

Look at these fucking stories and how they make everything out to be like this is Man City’s decision to let Arteta go and it’s all about Arteta leaving City not the amazing opportunity at Arsenal. Fuck City. Fuck Wenger for overstaying. Fuck Bitches.

2 Likes

No one knows our transfer budget. Money can be moved around to accomodate purchases. Arsenal would never reveal how much they have to spend. We are talking about a club who always report player purchases as ‘undisclosed fees’.

1 Like

Seems like we can always come up with the money if we need to. I feel like Wenger was the one nixing big deals because he thought they were overpriced. We’re fucking Arsenal football club we have as much money as we need at all times it’s just a matter of daddy letting us spend it. Daddy could be Wenger or Stan though so we’re not out of the woods yet.

1 Like

This guy is such a knob. I’m amazed people can fall for this lol, it’s such transparent fake ITK knobbery. I guess some people don’t remember the days of whoever the ITK was back in 2011 or 2012.

1 Like

People like getting tricked. It turns them on.

Supposed ITK’s always hedge their bets and if that fails there will be another excuse like “that was the info at the time”.

I have no idea what they get from this apart from attention with is pretty damn lame when they’re grown ass men.

2 Likes

Or 12 year old Malaysian girls. Or 75 year old Russian trolls on break from owning Facebook . We have no way of knowing.

1 Like

Again; I’m not sure why I trust this guy, but:

Because they are trying to ensure when they announce that they are announcing not just manager but some backroom as well, and thats where its taking some time

— Darren (@DarrenArsenal1) 18 mei 2018

Guillem Balague certainly talks a good game.

I’m surprised he gets time to be a football journalist while being president of the Mikel Arteta fan club :grinning:

2 Likes

He is a personal friend of Mikel and of course we have to take what he says with a pinch of salt. But i like his calm and collected approach and his love for the game.

Can you help an aging ol’git and tell me what a ITK is or what it stands for .
Cheers

2 Likes

He is one of the better pundits.
I used to listen to him and Gabriel Marcotti on Talk Sport and he was always very knowledgeable, so I hope what he says about Arteta is true.

But management isn’t just about knowing what to do, it’s about implementing your ideas, commanding respect and dealing with top players, and I’m not sure he is going to find that aspect of the job that easy.

At least the North London derby matches will have a bit of an edge to them, with Arteta and Pochettino knowing each other so well.

1 Like

In the know

1 Like

The only lasting memories I have of Ballague is his apparent delight when our players go to la liga.

Henry, Fabregas, Song, Hleb.

He can f*** right off back to la Liga.

:sunglasses:
Cheers fella

1 Like