Where did you come across OA?

Came across it through Google search during the 07/08 season, but didn’t join as a member until May 2014.

Google for me as well. 2004. Lurked around for a year before deciding to register :slight_smile:

Ah the Luca classic, calling Koscielny a “baguette” without fail, the Luca special.

2 Likes

Ah yes.loved that Vela pic.
images%20(6)

Had to ditch Arsenal mania when it started getting tedious to get access of the main forum and restrictions on the newbies.

Arsenal mania was never so crowded that they need two layers. Do they still have that?

2 Likes

I don’t go to AM anymore, tbh.

Man, browsing the site for 6/7 years is a pretty long time! Did our FA Cup win prompt you to finally come out?

@Bl1nk You saw the likes of me on there and thought, I’ve totally got to join up now and speak to this guy :grin:

Thanks to those who’ve voted in the poll or posted in the thread, some interesting feedback. Curious as to where @Robin_L heard us from as you joined around the same time as me @SRCJJ and @Bl1nk :slight_smile:

You joined in 2010 I believe @Trion .

Edit: Yes indeed you did join then, you posted it in this thread

2 Likes

Wait Aussie has been moaning for only 4 years?
Seems like he was here all the fucking time.

I don’t remember when I joined.2008?

Yeah it’s a really long time. Yeah I think the excitement of ending our trophy drought just led me to sign up. Probably the reason I simply browsed for so long was because I knew once I signed up it would become a bit of an obsession and end up taking up to much of my time haha.

1 Like

I got banned from Arsenalmania so went to the next Arsenal forum on google. Me and Luca have the same origin story lols.

6 Likes

Was tired of ArsenalMania and found the design on this forum appealing.

2 Likes

Why did you get banned? Talking sense?

I knew I had seen that username before.
Heck I believe you used to move me there as well.
Cunt

Lol! I don’t remember you on Arsenal Mania. In which year?

Do former AMers remember a great guy named Alboots?

2 Likes

Oh yeah! He was truly a great guy.

1 Like

When I joined they had the forum split into two, essentially they had the same content for experienced members and new members so content was being discussed twice.

I told them it was fucking stupid and nothing more than a pathetic ego check that was hugely detrimental to the forum, and that it would turn away more new members than it would attract.

No idea what year it was Luca or even what my user name was, I didn’t last long as the moderators on that site were akin to Reddit moderators vicariously living through tiny internet power to make their lives feel worthwhile.

Unlike the mod squad on here who are dead on when they aren’t backing each other up to make the rest of us feel small.

4 Likes

No one tell Castiel about the secret forum.

10 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. It was stupid to have 2 exact system for mere 200 or so posters.
I didn’t get banned because I decided I want no part of this stupid system, so moved on to thankfully OA.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nice, so Trion and I have the same origin story.

I signed up for about a week in AM. Still have my account I think.

But the amount of fruitcakes on there is unbelievable. Reading some of the stuff the esteemed ‘regular members’ post just made me cackle uncontrollably.

There isn’t a word that does justice in describing the insane ramblings on there. Even thinking about it has me just laughing.

And then of course the lobby area is a zoo :arteta:

I wasn’t having it and lurked on here for a wee while, and saw that everyone was just sound, then finally joined.

Love how laid back it is, and it’s the perfect place to vent football related things when your real life friends are sick of hearing about how much of a lanky cunt Muller is, or how Modric is a fraud :smile:

7 Likes