Where did you come across OA?

I found us via a Yahoo search on Arsenal forum I believe

1 Like

Sometimes I forget you didn’t build this forum.
I give you needless respect

2 Likes

Couldn’t remember when I joined.

Do we still have the data from the old OA?

I did help shape it into the powerhouse we are now. I deserve all your respect.

7 Likes

Oh yes, have some

I found OA after googling Arsenal forums back in 2009.

I can’t exactly why I picked OA, maybe because it was a bit smaller and more personal. It was definitely one of the top hits.

Glad I joined though. Those first 3 years were just spent defending Bendtner really.

5 Likes

Of course you can, it surely was because of the hot babes section

6 Likes

It was probably because this is the only Arsenal forum where the majority of users don’t write/type like they’re 7.

1 Like

When did you join?

I had read OA for over 10 years prior to joining and I remember how it used to look.

I didn’t join back then as I was primarily a user on Arsenal Mania. Google had thrown them up as the top 2 forums.

Anyone who used to post there years ago may know who I am - I was OohtobeaGoonerGal.

I recognise some posters who I used to talk to on AM (@Trion :wave:).

AM went down the toilet some years ago though so I stopped posting and mainly lurked - especially because alot of the best posters defected to another Arsenal forum called One More in the Tolly (a reference to the Arsenal pub - the Tollington). I was invited to join but it wasn’t super active when it first launched, but is now when I lurk.

In the last few months I decided to get involved again rather than forum lurking but AM is still a hot mess, so I joined here as I always had admiration for the posters here.

9 Likes

Oh damn, How be you?

Although I am not sure how I feel about being reminded of my AM or early forum days with the kind of english i used to interact with…ugh

Is Luca there?

SHE KNOWS ALL OUR SECRETS!

Which member is the most annoying? Is it @Calum Or @DavidHillier ? :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe we should rename her MissRead

4 Likes

Don’t worry about answering that question @MissRedNL . I have my answer :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m good thanks :grin: I peek at AM once in a while, and as I’m still a Trusted Member there I can access a sub forum there which has some good posts still.

From memory you were a positive poster on AM and you were likely more coherent than some of the arguments that go on over there! Alot of the good discussion can also go off topic alot to obscene stuff (sometimes sexist) stuff too, which is a shame - there isn’t dedicated general talk threads which might contribute to that

I’m not sure. Several of the regular AM posters circa 2009-10 now post on One More in The Tolly.

1 Like

Well I would like to welcome you.
OA has been a much better experience for me. Getting close to 10 years on OA, if it has not been so already.

1 Like

You’ll be due a testimonial. Be interesting to see the other ten members you put in your starting line up for it.

1 Like

If he doesn’t put me at left wing I’ll be gutted.

4 Likes

:joy:
Brilliant

How do I check how many years has it been?
Edit - Ughhh giant smileys

If he was here you could ask mysty. :santi:

Actually here you go.