What was the last film you watched?

Wow! Beautifully portrayed. Highly recommended.

Saw Skyscraper recently, Dwayne Johnson with another another strong performance.

Really enjoyed it despite the basic plot, I did feel the portrayal of disabled protagonist was dignified and measured too.

Iā€™d rate it at an 6.7 tbh, great popcorn flick, great suspense.

1 Like

Really? That film is right up there with the worst films Iā€™ve seen this year.

Watched Cleveland Abduction last night, awesome film based on a horrific true story, very powerful, very emotional, worth a look.

:joy:

I think if you go into it with the expectation itā€™s not going to blow you away as a revolutionary piece of film you can get enjoyment out of it as a bog standard action flick.

I tend to find when you go with regular friends, who arenā€™t super into movies, everybody gets more enjoyment watching stuff like Skyscraper which is easy to get with a big A list staring.

Alot of that rating is down to Johnsonā€™s performance. I felt there were some really interesting scene towards the end tbh I really enjoyed the battle in the pearl etc

Honestly I didnā€™t like the Chinese setting or elements, it obviously a cash grab to the Chinese movie market but thatā€™s no different to having films set in the US to appeal to the traditional bigger domestic box office. Plus the CGI was terrible tbf

You can definitely get something from a film like skyscraper. Even if itā€™s just a good laugh :slight_smile:

Itā€™s like the philosophical question of, is a hot dog a sandwich? Itā€™s a piece of meat shoved between two pieces of bread, so technically itā€™s a sandwich right? There are just some mysteries that we canā€™t solveā€¦

2 Likes

When the man who wrote the script says itā€™s a Christmas film, then the debate is over.

Unless the author who wrote the novel says it was a Christmas book.

1 Like

In 2010, Die Hard was voted as ā€œThe Greatest Christmas Film of All Timeā€ by Empire.

:grimacing:

Guess that settles it, Empire is trash.

1 Like

A sandwich is made from two separate pieces of bread from a loaf. A hotdog is a sausage in a roll, or bun if you will. Youā€™d have to be a madman to stand there eating a hotdog and try to tell someone youā€™re eating a sandwich.

7 Likes

Guy doesnā€™t even know what a sandwich is. :facepalm:

1 Like

Ludicrous man ā€¦ludicrous.

Its a 6.68 I ever I saw one. Some people need to get a grip!

3 Likes

I know right!??

Its like dragons. Do they really live in your underpants or is it an urban mythā€¦?

Spooky.

1 Like

So a hamburger would be considered a sandwich?

1 Like

no it would be called a burger :wink:

In Denmark a burger is often called a ā€œbĆøf sandwichā€ which loosely translates to beef sandwich/steak sandwich (steak in this context meaning red meat from a cow/patty).

So, there you go haha

2 Likes

Yip.

Also in England we call a Croissant with toppings a Danish Pastryā€¦

:auba:

1 Like