What was the last film you watched?

Yeh man this is spot on, Seven is one of my favourite all time films. So mad how Kevin Spacey was king of those epic twists. Now he just uses the internet to shock people in different ways on Xmas.

4 Likes

They’re his “Imagine” video. His… “look at me!” Celebrity starved of attention syndrome.

They’re also just weird AF.

1 Like

If you think about Spacey’s works. LA Confidential, Se7en, The Usual Suspects and American Beauty within 4 years. A terrific portfolio of work.

A shame that he’s a contemptible scumbag

8 Likes

I can’t look at Kevin Spacey the same way anymore, hard to separate the man from his work. I found he had a bit of a sleazeball vibe about him before anyway.

Seven is one of my favourite films and he was really impressive in that. Have an urge to watch that again now, but the idea of watching him on screen gives me the creeps

3 Likes

Yeah this for me as well bro, I picked up on it whilst watching House of Cards. He played that character so well, felt like that’s what Kevin Spacey was really like.

Can’t separate the man from his work.

2 Likes

Re-watched Aquaman on prime. This is a really good pop corn film, so many of these super hero franchise spin offs are such afterthoughts but this stands really well on its own. Great cast and visuals, and a good story separate from the Justice League.

It’s amazing what a little respect to the source material can do, when you compare this to the Wonder Woman films it’s hard to imagine they’re in the same world. Saying that I would love to see the Flashpoint Paradox done on the big screen with as much attention as this film.

My friend in college ruined the twist for me because he was a pretentious knob and he was like “you’ll probably never watch this anyway so here’s the twist”.

To spite him I went and watched it a few weeks later but because he’d told me the twist I couldn’t get into the film at all whatsoever and ended up playing FIFA with it on in the background. That was 2007 and I’ve never watched it since and I’ve never forgiven him for ruining what is supposed to be an amazing film.

Only thing I can remember about the fucking film is the twist even to this day ffs

Are you not friends any more?

Haven’t spoken to him for about 8 or 9 years. We drifted apart after we both went to separate unis, but he was always kind of a dick - had a real superiority complex.

1 Like

College friends tend to be like that. You either stick or twist with them. Some clearly haven’t grown up, some will step on you to achieve their goals, and a small portion stay with you.

Uni friends are friends for life.

1 Like

The Last Samurai

Just really like this film, not even sure why. Probably because I watched it tons of times when I was younger. :smiley: Also, Hans Zimmer’s score is greatness.

3 Likes

Snyder’s Justice League 8/10

This is my go to film now when I do a WoDc rewatch.
This is such a better film then what we got in the cinema with the scenes and characters are fleshed out,
Miller’s flash is much better plus is interaction with aquaman is spot on
Cyborg much more involved.
Bruce and Alfred relentionship is brilliant Bruce teling the team he works for Alfred :joy:
stepthenwolf is a actually threat

My only gripes with the film are still could have cut down on some scenes I really don’t need to see Bruce camping and riding to the village.

Also a heartwarming conversation between to characters just becomes void which is a shame.

Gutted we won’t see more of Snyder’s DC universe would love to have seen more of the knightmare timeline and batfleck v deathstroke.

Tho Hbomax should really look at doing something with what’s been set up would be a good draw to the service and compete with Disney+ star wars and marvel weekly content.

3 Likes

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold (1965)

A spy in Berlin is recalled to London where he is given the task of neutralising the agent in the DDR who keeps spoiling British Intelligence’s agent ops in the city - to do this he must convince the communists of the DDR that he has defected and then plant a false trail of evidence so that they themselves kill their own agent.

Richard Burton and Claire Bloom (Terry. :slight_smile: ) in this one. Really quite good - probably my favourite “Smileyverse” (sorry. It’s shit, I know) adaptation.

What platform did you watch it on?

Sky Movies would be my bet, mate.

Easily downloadable on there and they’re rinsing the shit out of it (given there aren’t any decent premieres being released)

It’s a very good watch, mind you. I’m 2 hours in (and I’m not just watching it for Wonder Woman)

1 Like

Yeah it sounds awesome to be honest, really keen to watch it

The dodge kind :wink: only way to watch it on 4k on Friday.

2 Likes

The Wages of Fear (1953)

Set in a South American poverty stricken backwater town, 4 men of European origin are stranded with no way out and are given a chance at freedom by the Americans who are drilling for oil (LOL!) just outside town - drive 2 trucks full of Nitroglycerin 300 miles to where there is an oil spill ablaze so they can bomb the spill shut. The cargo is seen as so fragile that a wrong bump could blown them sky high.

Really enjoyed this one, found it to be very good and very intense - I could feel actual nervousness at certain points watching this. :+1:

I’d be nervous watching this too, I could see my great-great-great grandma having sex on camera or some fucked up shit like that.

3 Likes