What was the last book you read?

Bought it few weeks ago mate. Looking forward to it.:wink:

1 Like

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

Anyone read it ? Started it on Sunday and finished it last night. What a brilliant book :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sounds interesting. Reading the reviews Dolly Parton read it and rated it. @Phoebica will now.:wink:

Haha I’ve already read it. I didn’t rate it as highly as most people, but it’s a nice book.

1 Like

Lord of the flies

I can see why it’s a text used in education. A good read and captivating towards the final third (unlike Arsenal)

If I had one gripe, it’s hard to know about the imagery Golding is trying to create. Very difficult to picture it in your head unless you’ve been on a desert island yourself or watched numerous repeats of Dr No.

2 Likes

What I loved about that book like 1984 they command your complete concentration. Feel like you’ve attained something when you read books like that.

3 Likes

Definitely. It was an easier read than Bleak House but you still couldn’t half read the book and half watch football.

1984 is a top book as well. I enjoyed reading the part where the main character is reading from a book and the excerpts are written out in the story.

2 Likes

Fahrenheit 451 - the book burning book. :slight_smile:

and “Oliver VII” a short Hungarian novel about a young King of a fictional Central European nation who desperately doesn’t actually want to be King or rich and so stages a coup against himself so he go into hiding in Italy and get a taste of a normal life - which turns into him becoming a down-and-out con artist with his trusted former staff.

1 Like

@Phoebica you seen there is book about a murderous love island (haters will say this is an improvement) :joy:

2 Likes

Is there a dwarf and a man with 3 nipples on that murderous island?

Definitely reading that. Looks like the trashy stuff I love, lol.

1 Like

@SRCJJ seen this on Amazon not sure if it would be something you’d be interested in mate

Having worked on the show since its inception Jonathan Grade gives a first-hand account of this iconic production. Golazzo: The Football Italia Years takes a nostalgic look back with some stories from behind the scenes in the days when Italian football ruled the world.

2 Likes