What should I buy my daughter for her 11th Birthday?

I’m not regularly in contact, she lives in America and I’m over here. Any ideas?

Female posters assemble

1 Like

I would get her a switch if she doesn’t have one, got my 8 year old niece one and she doesn’t put it down. Which is impressive seeing as before she never played games at all.

Kids these days are really into their tech, with tablets being a real hit. They love Tik Tok, Netflix and YouTube (can’t find an old school song with out some 12 year old stating that their 12 and listening to so and so tune) however giving a kid access to the internet with all its crap could also be an issue unto itself.

6 Likes

Does she like to read? 11 is a cool age to start the Harry Potter books.

8 Likes

I would have been happy with an Arsenal jersey at that age.

Is she into football?

We where good when you was eleven though.

8 Likes

Wu-Tang discography.

2 Likes

11 is a funny age. My oldest just wanted video games. But with the middle child we did something a little different. My wife’s reason was that she wanted to get him something that said “You’re not a kid anymore” and he was really in to drawing at the time, so we got him a lot of ‘adult’ art supplies and a decently good Lenovo tablet. He was really excited.

1 Like

money is always a good one, let her buy what she wants with it

Noise cancelling headphones could be worth a look.

2 Likes

Buy her a ticket to fly over to your place and spend some special time together.

3 Likes

Presence over presents.

3 Likes

@ronniec @KITN to be fair though none of us really know their personal situation, and wether the mom will be ok with their daughter travelling or how feasible that would even be at this point in time. Not saying that you guys are making a dig but I’m sure @arsenescoatmaker would visit or have her over if that was an option.

2 Likes

Yeah that was a pre-COVID response.

1 Like

you are right… i totally forgot the COVID situation.
My fault.

Buy her a star .
You can name a star after your daughter. Everyone loves stars , a star in the sky let’s in light on the darkest of days .

You know some of the stars we look at are already dead it just takes the light so long reach earth that we see a sort illusion - a kind of look into the past when the star was still there. It’s kind of romantic and sad.

3 Likes

Absolutely
Is it so many light years away ?
How the hell do you work out that equation?
I can’t measure the bleeding hose pipe down the bottom of the garden , let alone umpteen light years away !
How many 11 year olds have a star named after them ?

1 Like