What are you watching?

Imagine. Alan Yentob interviewing Lenny Henry. Fascinating story of his life and changes in entertainment.
Hell of different emotions, changes and challenges in his life and good to see how he got too where he is now.
Always worth a watch anybody in these programs. Really well researched.

Just finished season 1.

This is right up my street. Drama, riveting drama, without being spectacular. Not sexed up, laced with gory violence or littered with bad language. The actors are doing what they’re paid to do- act.

I’ll make a start on s2 tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

Rob Burrow my year with MND.
Dreaded watching this seeing a great RL player and lovely bloke have his body ravaged by this illness.
What I got was an uplifting message of fight, love and dignity of a special man and true meaning of family.
Would of loved to have belted his name out at Wembley this Saturday for the challenge cup.

1 Like

Bury Bringing football back.
Setting up of Bury AFC in an attempt too bring football to the town.
Good honest watch showing the importance of belonging of a community identity and how much representation of a football club helps that.
@Phoebica think you’d get something out of it. 47 minutes iplayer.

1 Like

Strictly Come Dancing. And hating every minute of it.

Dude, random, but do you know of any half decent films to watch on Netflix?

Honestly I’m more a disney + Amazon prime guy. Don’t have a Netflix subscription but I heard most of the exclusive stuff Adam Sandler did was pretty good.

2 Likes

The Platform

Prisoners.

1 Like

Platform I didn’t really like

Prisoners is awesome, mate, you’re right.

@BigWeng_4LYFE you’re right about Sandler. I haven’t seen his new Halloween comedy film, but Uncut Gems was immense

Also heard there’s a David Spade film that he did with Sandler that’s supposed to be really good.

Have you watched Dragged across concrete on Amazon prime? I think you’d like it.

Prisoners is an amazing film no one ever talks about.

4 Likes

Nah, not got Amazon :pensive:

Is it a film or series?

Recent Mel Gibson film that few people have seen but is an absolute barnstormer. Honestly it’s one of the best I’ve seen in years.

1 Like

Watching this now. About an hour in. Might watch the rest in the morning.

Looks a top film so far :ok_hand:

1 Like

Denis Villenueve has never made a bare film

Started watching The Simpsons from the start last night. Watched about six episodes and barely laughed once tbh, series one is actually pretty shit. It clearly takes a while to get going and become the :goat: show its praised as, cos this is almost like watching a different show.

I’ve committed to going from the start all he way through (obviously stopping somewhere early in the double digits in terms of series numbers), but on future rewatchs I will absolutely be skipping series one.

I’m rewarching Stargate SG-1 on NowTV. Love this series. And I bought the orginial first two seasons of Teenagem Mutant Ninja Turtles on AppleTV to watch with my son. He loves it!

1 Like

Ooooh is SG-1 on NowTV?! I didn’t know that

I think it arrived recently. I checked a little while back as I was in the mood and it wasn’t there.

1 Like

Big Match revisited. Palace v Charlton third division 74.
Just need a wagon wheel for the full experience.

4 Likes