What are you listening to right now?

One of my faves off my fave post Beatles albums.

Here’s Robert’s:

George’s is the better version.

George Harrison was in awe of Dylan, and disliked Neil young’s music. I love all three of them. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Was listening to this one last night. I’m not as keen on HotH*, but love this tune.

*mostly because I can’t stand D’yer Maker.

2 Likes

I’m not really a fan of the electric violin they’re fine for rock music in the right situation, but it was a bit painful watching the guy play guitar chords using full effects.
I’ve used an electric violin before and wasn’t really comfortable with it as I couldn’t get the same response I wanted nor the same feeling.
Although when Jim Lea gets/got his violin out for his solo work or when he was with slade he got it just right :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Belter

1 Like

Discovered The Hu on a long drive home from work one Sunday night back last year, haven’t got a fucking clue what they’re saying but I love their stuff, been blasting this in the garden whilst building decking, neighbours must think I’m barmy…

1 Like

I love a bit of Mongolian folk metal I do, seriously though I had a listen looked them up and decided they’ll be on my headphones tomorrow morning while picking up donkey shit.

I didn’t think this thread could get any better after Ponce City Market.

Little did I know.

1 Like

One of my fav songs ever. Chris Cornell, man.

2 Likes

Some local venues:

IMG_3678

2 Likes

El Ponce :laughing:

1 Like

A bit unfortunate translated to English lol, reminds me of the uproar in Portugal a few years ago when Hyundai unveiled there new car called the Kona, I assumed they are still called that in the UK and elsewhere. But they have to change the name to something else in Portugal because the word Kona means cunt in Portuguese :rofl:

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

I see your Narcissist, and I raise you a…

1 Like

Off my favorite Blur album, 13. Takes me back to my time at university.

The new track seems pretty good, I wasn’t that keen on Magic Whip, although the first single from that album was good too.

1 Like

Maybe a controversial opinion, but I think Blur’s very finest work is better than the best Oasis had/have to offer

1 Like

I’d have to agree with you there.

I also felt Oasis pretty much stagnated as soon as they became successful.

The only real blip in Blur’s discog for me is Great Escape when they were roped into whole Blur vs Oasis thing. After that there’s a lot of solid stuff and a fair bit of experimentation.

1 Like

Yeah, one of their later tracks ‘Music is my Radar’ is still an underestimated favourite of mine (describes that later time period you mentioned)

1 Like

I was also checking out some new Foo Fighters material that has just come out.

As much as I like Dave Grohl, and their first few albums, they are another band that seems like they’ve been churning out the same material for the past 25 years.

They have their own formula. May as well feed into into an AI to do the songwriting for them.

1 Like