What are you listening to right now?

Nilsson’s Without You, another cover superior to the original.

I really should get round to owning a copy of Schmilsson.

2 Likes

Always loved this and never really listened to it that intently so always thought it was Rush :rofl:

3 Likes

People won’t like this, but I prefer Devo’s version of Satisfaction to the Stones’ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Joe Cockers version of with a little help from my friends is the ultimate cover for me. Reminds me of The wonder years too.

3 Likes

Yea if you’re on drugs, I would have thought you would have gone with Otis Redding

1 Like

I do enjoy a bit of Otis, though I’m not familiar enough to even know he has his own version of Satisfaction. Is his the original?!

1 Like

I’d definitely recommend Otis Blue in that case.

Satisfaction is not his, although Respect (also on the album) is… Aretha’s is better though.

1 Like

The Rolling Stones wrote satisfaction

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Woeful Mondo.

I gave it 20 seconds.

20 seconds is a good start.

Shankar provides my go to tunes when I’m sitting down tucking into my chicken chaat at Ponce City Market.

:laughing::laughing:

1 Like

@Jesseviolin good version this one

1 Like

Went to Cray’s concert the other day, vocals and guitar, he knocked it out of the park, such a tight band.

3 Likes

Love that programme

1 Like
3 Likes

The Ramones a band I love and been lucky enough to have seen them on a couple of occasions ( I think all of them are dead now? ), and Eric Burdon who is much underrated with a fantastic soulful voice.

Btw guys there’s been some amazing uploads in this thread recently keep it up.

1 Like

Here’s two classic cover versions in one song by Dave Matthews Band.
All Along The Watchtower going into the Stairway To Heaven guitar solo.
Skip to about four minutes where the song starts.

@Jesseviolin All Along The Watchtower.
At about 7min 30 electric violin playing the guitar part.

Cover version of Custard Pie, Led Zeppelin by Derek Trucks and Eric Gales.
Great guitar playing towards end of song.

3 Likes