West Ham United

One of the best announcements I’ve seen. I know James isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but this is fantastic.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m sorry but West Ham need to pull the plug on David.

Watching them against Villa, this type of football is truly a disgrace for the squad they have, especially after their investment in the summer.

2 Likes

I should clarify that the comment above was after their first half against Villa. They did play better football in the second half.
Still, Moyes really needs to start playing more progressive football.

He has the personnel to do it.

They have Spurs tomorrow. I think West Ham may just experience another damaging defeat at home.

I fucking hope not, be fucking delighted if they could take something off them.

Just saw this clip in the morning. Coincidence much?

2 Likes

Perhaps I shouldn’t blame them for being so bad today considering they faced us but I think they should be doing better.

I don’t feel the players that used to thrive under Moyes are thriving anymore and I’m getting the vibe that’s long gone too. Certainly feels like a team that outgrew the manager but isn’t willing to change.

This is just David Moyes as a manager. A bit of overachieving and then some drudgery. They’ll improve a little but they’ll be looking to replace him probably early to mid next season I expect.

1 Like

I feel they’re a bit scared of truly taking the next step.

Moyes kind of guarantees them a certain level which ensures they’re in the PL.

Tbf, it was a few years ago they were fighting relegation and spent quite a lot of money on flops. Bit like Everton now.

He probably gets to finish the season but they need to rethink what they want to do.
In hindsight so far moves like with Paqueta look totally random. Judging from some of the stuff said publicly it really feels they were shooting their luck with anyone this summer, just spending money for the sake of it.

They’ll get Potter in a few months.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be shocked.

Being serious tbh. It’s a good set up for him and would of been a better stepping stone for his development.

Yep, I think you’re right. I felt Spurs could have been a good stepping stone as well for him but West Ham is certainly a place he could go to if things at Chelsea don’t work out.

1 Like

Oh dear

Need a new manager first and get the best out of what they have here.
Moyes is done.

1 Like

Yeah he had a nice little redemption story but games up now. Limitations with such a squad are clear to see.

Obviously he had difficulties with some injuries but let’s be honest there’s more than enough there for them to not constantly be overrun and play on the back foot like they are.

West Ham investing enough money to be contenders for European places don’t think they’ll really push on with Moyes

3 Likes

Moyes had a great 2 years previous to this one, but going at least than a point per game now to near the halfway mark of the season isn’t acceptable for a squad with the talent they have.

Rice, Bowen, Paqueta, Soucek, Scammaca

I can’t believe they’ve somehow landed right where they started with Moyes, fighting to stay in the PL.

It’s truly astounding a PL team with their quality at the moment is doing so poorly.

I guess the risk now with sacking Moyes is that he’s the one that saved them before.

Wouldn’t mind adding him to our paq of midfielders.