We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

I agree with you analysis on what we need in defensive player and yes we need pace too. The problem is we don’t have that and I’m trying to think of how we can plug those gaps with the players we have.
The system I’m suggesting is not static it moves up and down the pitch in unison. My only concern with it is it may be to narrow, but no system is perfect.

Well Lenny Kravitz taught me that, but yes agree it was reinforced by last season’s football.

1 Like

We will probably need at least 16 wins of out the last 24 games to make top four happen. I don’t think that will happen.

Arsenal will need the luck of the draw in the EL if they want Champions League football next season.

2 Likes

It’s definitely very unlikely, but this season looks a bit like last… everyone is pretty crap. But yeah, like I said 5-7th is my bet atm.

Yeah the defenders have to drop off because they don’t have the pace, and since they lack the cover the gap is massive. Problem is rarely does any one track back. I’ve seen Xhaka always get the blame but Guen is just as culpable, I’ve seen him numerous times strolling back ball watching as it’s the rest of our attacking players.

Like I said in another post, we need a complete overhaul in everything. Whoever is coaching these man isn’t doing a good job, Tactics aside their are times when they don’t even have the basics down, (recently we can’t even string together two or three decent passes) something every professional footballer should be able to do especially if you play for Arsenal and are training at the best facilities everyday.

2 Likes

The more I think about it, the more I feel 3 CBs with wing backs and two sitting midfielders makes most sense for this team.

For the CBs, I would play Chambers, Holding and Sokratis. Tierney and Bellerin as the wing backs. Torreira and Luiz as the two holding midfielders who do not cross the half way line. Playing Luiz in the midfield because of his passing range and physical presence. So at any point, we should have 5 players behind the ball.

Yes that what I see in the same sense. Three back line defenders with two sweeping defenders who don’t cross the half way line but stand behind it to cover the midfield when they go forward.
That way we have five defenders and five attacking players all knowing that and all committed.
Sounds simple but it might work.

It’s more about the coaching than the formation. Wenger and Emery did the three centre backs things.

2 Likes

Yes but no sweepers which fill the gap between CB and MF. That’s the big problem with opposition players running into that gap.

Yeah no chance it happens, Liverpool, City, Leicester and Chelsea will all get 70 +. We won’t get 51 + from our last 24 games.

1 Like

While I agree with your conclusion, we win tomorrow and are only 1 point out of 5th and 7 points out of 4th with a LONG, LONG way to go… Chelsea are absolutely susceptible, especially if they are without Abraham for a while. The sad reality is, no one is very reliably good except Pool and City (and maybe LC, but can that last?).

I think Tammy played against Villa and scored last night ? Could be wrong as i’m travelling, but pretty sure he did so injury must be short term.

I actually rate Chelsea, most games they’re are having bucket loads more shots and chances than the opposition.

I don’t think Leicester will keep up this level of play, but they only need to be average to reach 70 points from this point.

2 Likes

The way we played Norwich, hell no.

1 Like

Should change it to “Will we finish in the top 10?”.

3 Likes

This season? No. Next season? Maybe

Think we can officially rule it out now :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The way we’re playing it be more finishing in the bottom 4.

3 Likes

We’re definitely going to make it to at least the top 20.

Msy finish top 4 in the championship next season.

1 Like

When will we get 40 points? That usually keeps you up doesn’t it?