We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Desperately wanna take @SRCJJ’s money, even if I have to give it directly to @LordBendtner

5 Likes

What was this bet again? I remember seeing it but I forget the details

If Liverpool could do us a favour and beat Spurs and we win against Leeds we go into the NLD 5 points clear. That could be a huge cushion to fall back on which could secure us 4th early

1 Like

Whether we’d make top four, after either defeat 2 or 3 of the 3 we recently had.

Mental lmao. He should have took that bet to the bookies our odds must have been tasty after that capitulation. Though probably not odds seem complete shit these days in general

1 Like

Horrible to say, but I can seriously envisage that happening.

Leeds look good, Newcastle look good and Spurs are just Spurs when we play them at the Lane.

After 0/9 vs Palace, Brighton and Southampton. What a club.

2 Likes

Truly one of a kind.

If we beat Leeds and Spurs lose to Liverpool, we can seal fourth place in the NLD…

2 Likes

hopefully Kane and Son will finally both leave if Spurs finish 5th, two world class players that can either go down as Spurs all time legends with no trophies, or leave in the summer to bigger clubs and actually compete

Early kickoff for Spurs. Would be great to see them lose and give players extra motivation to shut down Leeds. We are at home, we ought to take the complete advantge.

This a time difference thing or something. Ive got spuds game Saturday night.

2 Likes

Yeah. @Trion lives in Pakistan.

4 Likes

Ah shit I forgot about the timezone.

Yeh Spurs play Pool over on here on Saturday night at 19.45 GMT, which is actually a rather odd kick off time, then we play the following day, Sunday 14.00.

3 Likes

Thats a BT game so should have been at lunchtime Liverpool must have asked to move it to night time because of their CL match?

BT Sport is essentially Liverpool’s channel so perhaps.

2 Likes

Didn’t actually clock that, been so focused on maintaining the gap.

We have to win the top 4 trophy at the lane.

1 Like

BST actually :nerd_face:

So it’s really all down to these next 2 games to set the scene.

Who would’ve thought we’d be in the fight with 4 games to go! haha

Need to beat Leeds, and Liverpool to beat Spurs; then it’s all down to WHL.

If we beat Leeds and Liverpool beat Spurs;
Logic A: a win against Spurs secures CL guarantees CL
Logic B: a draw against Spurs and a win against Newcastle or Everton guarantees CL
Logic C: a loss against Spurs and two wins against Newcastle and Everton guarantees CL

If we draw with Leeds and Liverpool win:
Logic D: Then Logic A with a win against either Newcastle or Everton guarantees CL

If we lose to Leeds and Liverpool win:
Then Logic D applies to guarantee CL

If we lose to Leeds and Liverpool draw:
Then Logic D applies to guarantee CL

If we lose to Leeds and Liverpool lose:
Then we must win all our remaining games (Spurs, Newcastle, Everton) to guarantees CL

All down to Leeds and playing a game at a time and fucking winning.