Video technology (VAR) in football

How many of them goals where even disputed.

We used to have bad offside calls all the time

1 Like

Aubas goal at OT are the kind of horrific calls that were allowed before VAR.

You canā€™t defend that kind of dumbfuckery.

5 Likes

Yup at 3:55

https://youtu.be/JTj83CSVbyc

Imagine the dispute over it if VAR was not there

1 Like

Fair shout and thatā€™s assistance but heels, toes and armpits are fabrication.

Just watched that vid.

Oh god, the dark dark days of Emeryball :gabriel:

At 3:40, check Torreiraā€™s position :facepalm:

Without VAR, weā€™d be better off and Liverpool wouldnā€™t have a massive lead. See. VAR = evil.

Is this after he removed all the wrong decision made by VAR or by simply removing VAR regardless of validity of decision?

If only VAR was used when Ferguson was a manager.
There were several league titles that were won by just a point in seasons where Man U were given some rather dubious decisions.

2 Likes

In fairness to VAR and I donā€™t like too, thereā€™s a number of them decisions that would not be unanimously agreed on. Sure Iā€™ve seen rubbish like this on so called wrong calls in the past.

I assume all VAR decisions have been removed.

2 Likes

Livarpool at it again.

1 Like

Finally :raised_hands:

1 Like

It would make this season a little bit better, if the first game the refs use the monitor for a Pool game they lose, it doesnt even matter if they use it during the game, I can then say Var gave them the league.

Because right now I have nothing to say to my Pool supporting friends/family and it sucks

1 Like

Not going to make any difference on offsides which is probably the biggest problem with the system.

1 Like

More inconsistency. Great.

Precisely. Red card decisions will always have an element of subjectivity to it. The offside one is the one where some control or consistency is crying out.

1 Like

Fun thread on Twitter about VARā€¦ :grin:

4 Likes

And who was telling you this months ago when VAR was gonna be introduced? ME!! Iā€™m no prophet tho itā€™s just been proven to blur the lines in the NFL, didnt expect much different in the PL.

2 Likes

Is offside not the only one that has consistency? The red line pops up and they give it.

Any complaint Iā€™ve seen about VAR offsides is people complaining that a legitimate offside is given as offside rather than let slide.

You could technically take the referee out of offside decisions altogether and probably speed up the whole process.