Unai Emery

Boring Arsenal 2.0

I’d like to hope if he’s shit he will be out on his arse soon enough (followed by Gazidis)

That’s what hoping. I think what happens when a manager starts to fail in the future will really show us if things at Arsenal have changed.

The club will give him time, if this appointment proves anything it’s that the club wants continued stability.

God this feels so fucking underwhelming to me and I’m not sure why

2 Likes

I think some people who are putting a downer on this may not have truly realised until right now how far we’ve fallen! We are a Sevilla level club for the moment and at that level he’s been successful

9 Likes

He won 3 Europa League with Seville. He showed he can do well with certain teams. P.S.G. were too of a big move for him, imo.

Arteta has been fucked up :arteta:

Agree. I was just saying to someone else that this appointment looks to stabilise things a bit, looking to get us back to being a top 4 and cup club. He may surprise us, but this doesn’t scream PL title contenders. But maybe being a CL club again will attract a top top manager to replace him in the future and help us push on from there.

The choice was between him and Arteta. Emery is surely better than him.

1 Like

Might aswell have taken the punt on Arteta then. We will remain on this level with Emery.

Sorry, i am not getting it right: was Arteta a better choice?

I don’t know much about him, certainly don’t understand the visceral anger of some in this thread.

Can someone summarise why they think he’s so shit? 1 league title in France with PSG doesn’t impress me much, it seems to me like they should be winning that title every year. But he’s had some success elsewhere and we need someone who could deliver the EL (a competition we seem to have immediately gone back to looking down on, having been praying to win it a few weeks ago).

Also, I’d love to know what the fuck has gone on behind the scenes here. Mental stuff.

4 Likes

This is the “bold” appointment Gazidis was referring to.

As long as the club reminds his play thing it’s all gravy.

1 Like

Obviously you don’t understand the anger, you don’t know anything about him…

Also, those of you who are truly furious: you know we don’t have to keep this one for 22 years right?

10 Likes

Not anywhere close my 1st choice but a respectable appointment I can get behind.

I mean people wanted fucking Arteta, if you was after Allegri or Jardim I can respect your disappointment and leave you to it, but Arteta is just all sorts of bizarre being an unknown just doesn’t cut it for me.

5 Likes

I mean, that’s why I’m asking. Feel free to weigh in with an actual reply.

That’s a great reason not to be upset about a fucking stupid hire :roll_eyes:

Who would have made you happy? Because it doesn’t seem to me we’re in a position to appoint a top level manager at the moment.

It can always be worse. Remember when Liverpool dropped out of the CL and rehired Kenny Dalglish for a bit?

Exactly. At least Emery has some good experience compared with Arteta.

1 Like