Unai Emery

You seen his away record at Sevilla?

Needed change. One reason I wanted Simeone was bc I always felt THE next guy would be transitional and we just needed some short-term wrecking ball… I am not excited, but I was dreading Arteta. Club better spend this summer to get people excited again, but no way could we have kept on.

I’m not sure there is an available manager out there who would get me very excited. The last 2 contract renewals for Wenger saw us miss out on Klopp, Pep and Tuchel. Other than Enrique, Arteta and Emery, the managers names that have been thrown around would have to leave positions that offer more. Arsenal barely qualified for the EL this season. We almost ended up in a position where we would’ve had to qualify through play-offs because Burnley was breathing down our necks. Would you leave Juventus for the mess that’s at Arsenal. The new system is a welcomed change, but we don’t know how it will workout. Whilst I don’t want another manager to have the power Wenger had, I do think a manager should have some say in transfers. He will need players that will fit his system.

5 Likes

I really don’t think this logic ever made any sense whatsoever…

This is exactly the most boring appointment they could make. What is so exciting about Unai fucking Emery?

We needed a coach who could grow with the club in the post-Wenger era and build something.

Dick Emery?

I’d rather have Rodgers over Emery.

2 Likes

This is not going anywhere. Any possible nuance is crushed out of existence. No meta world so we’ll never know who would do better…

He also won three Europa Leagues on the spin with Sevilla. He looks to be about the best candidate available currently imo.

Not to you, nor would I have expected it to.

Rodgers would’ve really gotten the twitter-heads going.

The best available and who actually wants the job and willing to work within the new framework.

The ven diagram on that is brutal.

2 Likes

What I’m saying is, I think it’s objectively illogical, as in, if you drew it out as a logical argument, you’d find that it’s invalid.

1 Like

What nuance? Explain what Emery is going to change? Arsenal is going to be the same, result-wise, as they have been in the past five years with an outlook on Europa League victory and with more well-structered (read defensive), but also more boring, football. Emery is not going to build a contender. Emery is exactly what you don’t want if you truely want change.

WIth Arteta it might have gone all too shits, but it also maybe wouldn’t.

1 Like

Yes, so if you were the club would’nt you pick that person? That’s the reality we have to face, they couldn’t have done better atm because of the predicament Wenger left us in.

The new structure is better then having one deluded and stale man controlling everything.

Will take me a long long while to get hyped about this appointment.

Arteta hype train has crashed folks.

My Magikarp Avi is making a comeback asap too

Ramsey deffo off imo

Ooooooh, he’s awful.

But I like him

2 Likes

I’m just stating the reason. I’m not complaining here. I didn’t have any expectations on us getting one of the top managers everyone seemed to want. I’m just hoping that we see improvement with whoever the new manager is. In this case, it looks like Emery.