Unai Emery

People weren’t gonna be happy with him or Arteta.

He’s not fucking Wenger and he’s a brand new manager with fresh ideas. I’m looking forward to him being our manager.

Come on you gunners!

3 Likes

There really are reasons to feel underwhelmed, yes PSG wanted him but it didn’t end well did it? He underachieved and there are many suspect aspects to his management style and tactical philosophy.

People getting hyped because he’s not Arteta? You may wind up being sorely disappointed.

1 Like

There are footballing reasons to be concerned I agree. I just don’t see this Arteta being an unknown thing as a good reason. But has it not happened that managers have learned and adapted from previous experiences and gone on to be successful elsewhere?

The next step at PSG is to make them the best team in the world. The fact he couldn’t deliver that doesn’t make him a bad manager. You judge the guy against the biggest expectations in the world.

He still beat Barcelona 4-0. Name me one manager to have done that.

His record in league campaigns is pretty uninspiring to be honest. I just hope he has learnt a lot from his time at PSG :thinking:

Trying to be positive but difficult. Not going to lie, but his away record at Sevilla was beyond shocking man.

2 Likes

Who said he’s a bad manager? I simply do not believe he’s what we need.

He’s too conservative, I don’t think he necessarily moves the needle for us in a league that has Poch, Klopp, Pep et al.

He was brought in to make PSG successful in the CL and considering the players he had at his disposal and his cowardice in big games he’s not the answer, perhaps he proves me wrong but those of you that see him as progress need to look over his history.

1 Like

For anyone who has followed his career more closely than I have, are there many players who have really improved under him?

Because we’ve been banging the “this player and that player will be better under a new manager”, but will they? Is he the kind of manager who’ll instill a new mentality into these players? Genuinely intrigued to know.

What a load of boring, unthought out bollocks. Yeah, we need a manager with no ideas and no vision and no real style of play, that’s exactly how we’re going to rebuild and compete with Pep Guardiola’s City, Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool, and Sarri’s Chelsea, while having significantly less resources than two of those clubs :joy:

1 Like

“FFS we’ve just signed Neymar and now Mbappe, that’s all my plans out the window.”

I mean come on.

5 Likes

I am aware of his shortcomings, however I believe Allegri possesses the same set as well but people would have been all over him had we appointed him. Realistically I think there is a lot more to rely upon to believe Emery’s chances of improving and balancing this team are much better than Mikel ‘the unknown’ Arteta’s

1 Like

10 games in and then everyone will start to agree with you. Bet Burnley are happy they may move up to 6th next season

Allegri is a much, much better coach than Emery.

It’s like comparing a Vauxhall and an Audi.

More so those player’s personalities combined with the huge investment into them forced his hand due because of pressure from the ownership to accommodate their wishes instead of a balanced team

Tuchel will run into the same issues

The best coaches make it work.

It’s excuses nothing less.

Anything negative you’ve said about Emery so far, Allegri does as well.

The whole point of following a club and sport in general is the excitement it brings about. Emery is such a boring appointment. Our team might be more structured in the end, but we will go nowhere eventually.

We have downgraded. Might as well have kept Wenger for another season.

The club went through conflicts, divisions amongst fans for 3-4 seasons and finally when AW left, all looked united at least; now it’s even worse.

I tried to make a Undertaker esque comeback the forum once AW went; but I feel like I’m the one who’s been buried with such appointment. FFS.

1 Like

Huge generalisation but don’t let that stop you.

Fucking hell get a grip

3 Likes