Unai Emery

You’re wrong and illogical. You don’t know if Arteta is high risk high reward. There is nothing, absolutely zero managerial data to base that assessment on.

He is high risk. Period. How it turns out nobody knows, not even you AbouCuellar.

Reread my post if you can think rationally and logically and deduce some facts and not agenda driven then it makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

I reread it.

It’s a fallacy to think that there is anything defensible about the Emery hire.

It was a poor hire, an incompetent hire, on all counts.

Your opinion on who the alternative should’ve been might differ but there is simply no way a club with as attractive a position as that open can look at all the field of candidates and pick Unai fucking Emery, and that we can sit here defending it. It’s indefensible.

Like I said, just because many didn’t know who Unai Emery was at the time, weren’t really familiar with his work, doesn’t mean that the indefensible is defensible.

1 Like

Nobody predicted levels of incompetence as a defensive set up. Yourself included. A lot of people’s change of mind will come from that.
Now I can acknowledge your consistency on him being a bad hiring. I can buy your argument on the negative sterile set up, but I won’t buy that you or anybody else on here predicted we’d be this poor defensively.

2 Likes

That’s the thing. He’s been even worse than I imagined. If he was as good (as mediocre) as I imagined it would’ve been an incompetent hire. As it is…well, it changes nothing. It’s still an incompetent hire he just managed to do even worse than I expected.

I don’t know why people have a problem with Emery.
We are four points behind Man City with only thirty one games to go and still in the FA Cup, the League Cup and Europe. :grinning:

Of course the hire is defendable. Unless you are a fanatic and are agenda driven. Why it is defendable, I just laid out. It’s pretty simple logic why he was a more logical choice than a complete unknown right after a manager who had been at the club for 20 years.

His achievements with Seville alone in Europa are nothing to just dismiss and shout at us how it’s indefensible that we hired him. We still haven’t managed to fucking win the EL or CL under Wenger in 20 years. He won that competition three times in a row.

Tuchel at PSG also didn’t win jack shit besides the league, that every manager should win regardless. And when PSG didn’t win it, it was because of a freaklishly good Monaco at the time.

Oh lord. I give up. If you still can’t see the issues with your thinking in this post or why you were wrong about the Emery hire now…

As I said to MM in the Gnabry thread, I don’t understand the lengths people go to to just not say: yeah, I was wrong. We’re all wrong sometimes, no big deal. When Harry Kane was breaking out for Tottenham I said he’d have a worse career than Sanogo.

1 Like

Just take the L on this one brother and lets move on

You give up, because there is nothing you can logically say to counter why it is defensible to have hired Emery over Arteta. Facts don’t lie. And Arteta has next to no facts to use for him and Emery has a lot of facts for and against him.

Lol. Of course I can. This very thread is littered with it. Why the fuck should I repeat myself when it’s clearly lost on you? Did telling you lot last winter when you guys were all acting like Emery was the Basque Klopp get us anywhere? You’re the guy defending a joke of a hire which has proven to be a joke of a hire. Go on mate.

1 Like

Well as one who was prepared to sacrifice a percentage of flair for pragmatism I’m going to hold my hand up.
I embraced it for short term gain namely defensive cohesion and structure. Now that runs counter to you and many others outlook on here.
Now that outlook might be anathema to some in how they want football played but that’s mine.
Fact is we have neither are stuck in an impasse that only change will sort out now. We cannot go into the CL with this football. Tottenham defeat last night was a cause for celebration but equally a lesson to be heeded.

I happily defend logic and reasoning. Everything you say is purely agenda driven and is based on nothing but sentiment and emotions. Facts tell us another story than you are presenting. And there is nothing you say now to counter that fact.

Once Emery is gone, I will still be against appointing Arteta, because he has next to no experience coaching and thus would be a very stupid and illogical choice.

1 Like

Lol.

You’re a clown. You say this always about my posts yet you’ve been proven dead wrong. Humility, boy. Nothing wrong with accepting when one is wrong. It’s a sign of intelligence.

It was never about that Stroller. If you want that you go for a better manager, for an Enrique, for an Ancelotti. You don’t go for shit. The Emery hire was not defensible on any front, for all shamed cuckolds like @Forever want to make it seem lol.

Then you should finally accept you are wrong. You have proven nothing to me and it makes you the clown.

You are cuckold to waterboy Arteta and illogical dishonest reasoning is your style.

Go read my posts from two years ago when the hire happened mate. Do some research. It’s been explained a million times to you why Emery > practically anyone was poor logic. Just cause you can’t get it isn’t our fault.

I am not going to read posts of two years ago and waste my time. Post the facts here on why it is indefensible and we will talk. I laid out my facts and they are pretty reasonable unlike yours thus far today.

Going with Ljungberg to end of season is interim hire that gives us time… hiring Arteta as full time replacement with 2+ year contract is quite different imho.

All I really care about is that we have replacement sorted for next summer. If I am greedy, I’d take Emery out today and have Ljungberg work his youth magic the rest of the season.

Lol. This is exactly what ‘high risk, high reward’ means. There is very high level of uncertainty of the outcome, but because of that also a high potential reward.

In your mind it was a certainty Arteta was going to fail rather.

2 Likes

You are pessimistic about literally everything.

But Emery is what you choose to be optimistic about? :arteta:

Fair play bud, you meet all kinds it seems.

1 Like

Well it’s Bournemouth this week so the media going to throw Eddie’s name at us. Has he improved significantly enough for anyone to consider him on here.