Unai Emery

With the amount of shit Unai gets from the usual suspects. We are 4th. Let that sink in for a minute :unai:

10 Likes

8 points more than last season and 4th. Yeah, sack him :bellend:

3 Likes

If we get 4th it would be a fucking unreal achievement tbh

3 Likes

Yep, and we sure as hell have a shot at it now

3 Likes

Almost like a trophy

The next fortnight will define if we’ll finish 4th or not. So many points to be won and lost, and two massive matches against big teams. The one especially against Man Utd at the end of these run of games will be absolutely huge.

Hope the team keep on fighting, it’s not been an easy season, in particular with our defensive problems, but we’re still right in the hunt. Would absolutely love to drag Spurs back down to the mix of this mini group.

7 Likes

For sure, but we just need to focus on Bournemouth atm because that’s the next one. It won’t matter if we get good results in the big games if we slip up on Wednesday.

1 Like

If he gets CL football ( big if) I will admit he’s done the buisiness this season even if the football is rather dire at times.

Hopefully we can ride our luck in the last 11 games, I think we’ll need a fair bit of it to capture a CL spot.

9 Likes

I agree, it’s been a painful ride but the Europa league is a dark pit of despair that isn’t easy to climb out of.

2 Likes

Think we can do it if Sok and Kos remain fit. So Mustafi doesn’t see first team football for as long as possible.

1 Like

@Aussiegooner not replying to LB? :eyes:

My feelings on Emery are clear, if other people can’t see he’s not going to be the man that builds us into a title contender then that’s not my problem.

That’s your choice to live in hope and delusion like a fair majority did with Wenger until it was all to late.

1 Like

He’s not talking about that tho :wink:

Yeah my point still stands it’s after watching Emery manage at other clubs for years ( which is why I didn’t want him here ) then after 7 months here I’ve seen nothing that’s changed my mind.

If I was acting like @Luca_from_Italy I’d be saying give him a 10 year deal post derby win against spurs in the heat of the moment, then sack him a few weeks later when we draw at Brighton. Eg reactionary comments in the heat of the moment.

1 Like

Who cares. That’s not the job ahead of him this season or next anyway. What we need to see is progress and it’s definitely debateable that we’ve seen any yet but if we manage to get CL that will certainly count as that.

Still very much in a wait and see scenario with him.

1 Like

I care pal as ultimately in 3 years time or so that’s the position I want to get to, if you’re happy to have a ceiling as CL participants and 3rd or 4th place then fair enough.

As for progress the case can be made we’re seeing some based off last season anyways, 63 points last season so we’ll probably top that by about 10.

Yea I didn’t say that though did I. I’ve probably been pissed off about our trajectory longer than you have but I’m done with that for a while where there’s a chance we can move forward. When the time comes and if Emery has brought us as far as he can then he’ll be gone and I still won’t care and hopefully we’ll appoint someone to take us further.

1 Like

Yeah look I’ve got no arguments to that line of thinking.

I’m also well aware it would take an extremely talented manager to get us punching above our weight that is probably rd 16 CL & 3rd or 4th place in the league. As obviously we’ll never have the resources of the Manchester clubs or the top 6 or so clubs in Europe.

Which team has Tuchel got punching above their weight seeing as presumably he matches your requirements of a manager you’d readily have over Emery and will presumably not shit over him at any given opportunity?

78 points from 34 games in the Bundesliga with Dortmund with a GD of + 50 isn’t half bad.

Awaiting results on this years CL also considering PSG have never made it past the Quarter Finals in recent times, so if Tuchel does that it’s another tick when past managers have failed.

Also if we’re comparing PSG in the league to Emery’s time, this season they’re on target for 103 points. In Emery’s 2 campaigns they got 87 ( runners up) and 93 points.

1 Like