Unai Emery

I do believe if we had Holding and Bellerin we wouldn’t be playing 7 at the back haha

4 Likes

You are funny :wink:

It’s hard to disagree with those comments, especially about our defence and the lack of quality at his disposal.

This is why Emery has to be given at least the next transfer window and season to try and get some of his own players.

No other manager would do much better with some of the dross he has like Kolisinac, Lichtsteiner and Mustafi regularly turning out for the first team, as well as a midfield without his best player and the most dangerous attacking player being Iwobi.

Most of our defensive and midfield players, that are fit and available to Emery, are mid table quality at best, so the fact that we are still within a few points of Chelsea and Man U means Emery should be given a little bit of leeway.
Maybe not as long as the previous manager but certainly enough time to get see how he does with his own players.

What’s funny ? we are playing 5 defenders and two DM’s which is 7 at the back :wink:

1 Like

It’s still small dick and shit and doesn’t work, but I guess I empathise a bit more

But all this chat about Ever fucking Banega.

And after this weird loan deal for Suarez which seems to be for no reason so far, I don’t trust any of these jokers with buying or selling any attacking players rn.

I’m deadly serious with the bits in caps. DEFENDERS only.

1 Like

Still not a funny joke.

Its not a joke Luca

You are taking the piss at our manager.

What’s funny Eithen with 7 defending players we still carnt keep a clean sheet. Chocolate fireguard comes to mind

1 Like

Look at our morons pull a Xhaka/Mustafi all over again and manage to pull Manolas because of the Papa/Dino connection, paying something completely ridiculous without doing a proper research. Legit I expect us to go big for a bum. It’s in our fucking DNA after all.

1 Like

In that case I’ll take little Raul’s address book.

Shine it up real nice.

AND STICK THAT ADRESS BOOK STRAIGHT UP RAULS 3WHATEVERITWASADAY CANDY ASS

2 Likes

Get his points but we’re not the first unbalananced side to be among the elite. We used to do better with even worse. Granted, the competition is much stiffer nowadays. Anyway, given this year’s EL participants, Arsenal is much, much, much, much bigger than this competition and should in theory win it without much fuss. Only pragmatic competitor is Chelsea who are definitely on a wild decline.

And BATE, don’t forget BATE

I’m telling you man, we go out against BATE all hell breaks loose! :rage::grimacing:

The board would probably shut down at that point lol!

Oh it’s gonna be worse than we ever saw it in the last few seasons. Way worse

Fuck sake let’s not jinx it. Purposely didn’t bring it up bc it’s the worst, sorry, the absolute worst case scenario.

Don’t worry we don’t affect it at all.

It’d be better if we did, we could always predict wins

Am not Unai’s biggest fan but we cannot judge him on what he has done so far this season alone. I think the best of managers would struggle with the clowns we have in defense. Look at what Klopp had to do to fix Liverpool. Unai’s tactics and formations have come under criticism in the recent weeks but how is he expected to go with an attacking formation when he has no faith in the defense. Maybe that is why Ozil has been kept out cause we cannot afford a luxury player like him at the moment. If we had a solid back 4 with a good sound keeper, we might see very different tactics from Unai.

The big question is, will he be given the budget to fix this? If he is given 100 million+ plus whatever he can recoup from selling the unwanted lot, then fair enough, we judge him next season. But if he is asked to work with a small budget, am afraid there is nothing he or any other manager can do, not in this market.

Emery has my support for 3 to 4 seasons, even then I can’t see him winning or challenging for titles under this board. Serious money and a lot of chopping and changing is needed to even turn us back into a top 4 club. The rumors of penny pinching isn’t going to help him sooth down part of our very fickle support who play too much Fifa and expect us to spend 300 million every summer.

Nearly all of this squad needs shifting, with the likes of Auba and Laca not getting any younger. Emery has done a amazing job keeping us even in a top 4 race. Wenger and Gazdis left us in a royal mess, why I never forgive Wenger for it. I stand by Emery on the Ozil thing, he doesn’t warrant the massive fuss some of our fan’s seem to throw on him. What’s he done for this club in the time he’s here that warrants all this love. I’m baffled by it. If you don’t work for the team then you deserve dropping.

I’d be happy if Emery turns us into a top 4 squad again, and gets us back into the CL during his time and passes it on to someone with some major backing to take us onto another level.

3 Likes