Unai Emery

Yeah I’ve given up on the idea that we can sort our defense because we look exactly the same or slightly worse than we did under Wenger and it’s been both a bunch of months and a bunch of new defenders and DMs.

I want to see us with better wide players though. I want us to spend the next moolah on a couple of quality wingers and maybe a full back, and see what we can do with that. I also hope the Özil thing is not a thing and he joins in, and that if Ramsey leaves we give the salary to better wide players.

If he can’t make us perform a lot better with that I guess I’ll re-evaluate my position on him, but if anything hinders him squad-wise I’m guessing it is poor wide players (midfielders and fbs).

1 Like

If we drop down out of the top ten in the Prem it will then be time to bring in an assistant manager to help Emery through the learning curve. We have had great players in the past and I think one of them could be invaluable.
Emery won’t like it but he must understand the fans don’t want another stubborn manager who won’t accept new ideas. We had that with Wenger.
Furguson had one, Pep has got one …

Well that won’t happen but if it did how would employing someone subordinate to him help?

2 Likes

Who else will take him to the airport and put him on the first plane to Seville?

I might have missed, or totally ignored, a couple morons saying this. But broadly speaking, most of us who have at times said that it isnt his team are unanimous in saying that isn’t in any way an excuse for a result like last night’s.

Aside from a couple of silly bastards who I might have admittedly missed, it feels strawman-ish to even imply that anyone could possibly think there’s a way to excuse Emery for last night. If anything last night seems to be bringing most of us somewhat closer to your way of thinking.

2 Likes

But if people persist in saying “Bumery” I’m going to have to back him unconditionally on principle.

15 Likes

I wanted a drunk ‘fite me’ style post but I actually got a detailed reply that made me reflect on my thinking.

Well shit :santi:

1 Like

I not talking about someone taking over his decisions just another voice to help him understand the hardest league in the world. The assistant would be close to him and point out that slow playing strategy no matter how precise won’t work in the Prem.
If we keep playing his confused style of football then out of the top ten may happen.

Maybe you should just send him an email or tweet.

You think I’m the only fan who thinks we are in trouble with this play. It the same as Wenger’s unwillingness to have anyone help sort out defence.
I’m not qualified in playing in the Prem, just like you I only have an opinion which is why I joined this site.

No. I don’t think you’re the only one. And I don’t think Emery is blind either. And I don’t think the club bringing in a subordinate will make any difference. You haven’t said anything that makes me think that would be a good idea and I was just trying to understand why you thought it would be.

My off the cuff remark was because I think an email or a tweet would be as effective as what you’re proposing. That’s just my opinion.

Emery has no history of the Prem. Both leagues he has managed in are far easier and his strategy in them worked. But he’s here now and on a learning curve like the players he brought in. Trouble is we can allow a player to ease in over a number of games and not play when the play is having an off time, that not a luxury we can afford a manager when we need every point to reach top four or stay in top six.
An experienced ex footballer assistant may be able to help Emery understand what he up against at least to cover the first season.

Steve Bould is part of the first team set up. Who do you think we sound get in?

1 Like

Same could be said about 2 of the 4 teams above us in the league

1 Like

Their managers are not in their season Emery is

First

is that an argument for or against? :thinking:

Sorry mate, completely didn’t bother to read your post :joy::joy: I see what you’re saying.

I’m still feeling last night’s beers clearly

I’ve got a volunteer.

1 Like

People who have a problem with Unai will have to fight me first fekin pussies.

1 Like