Unai Emery

2nd half defensive shut-out was actually pleasing to watch.

Actually felt confident we weren’t going to concede.

7 Likes

Got the win which I predicted, thought this would happen after the West ham game.

I more interested if Emery can prove me wrong and win the majority of the games away to Everton, Leicester, Wolves & Watford.

3 Likes

We really should win them all tbh but our shit away record makes that highly unlikely. Emery would have done some job if we win them all

What do people expect in his first season in England, with a shit team and a shit transfer policy? It’s normal to have all these ups and down before becoming stable.

Eh the jury is still out for me. if the team is laid out more like today then yeah I’m happy.

The previous formation was horrible.

I think we need to get more aggressive, Emery maybe a bit too conservative in midfield.

1 Like

Lord Emery 1 @Electrifying 0.

1 Like

I’d say this is 1-1 after the West Ham game.

1 Like

This win>>>West Ham defeat, tbh.

Everyone though we would have lost again :wink:

I also agree that this win was better than the West Ham defeat

9 Likes

I didn’t, look at my predictions.

:arteta:

1 Like

Today was a start but I agree. Ozil where Ramsey is, Ramsey where Torreira was, Torreira where Xhaka and was and Xhak in the fucking bench would have been the perfect diamond for a game Vs a smaller team.

Bet it’s back to shite football next though. Prove me wrong Unai pls.

5 Likes

So many trolls on Twitter.

Bit of a pisstake. Didn’t mentiom you :poldi:

Win against the scum and chavs, lose against basement dwellers. If we sort out the latter, we might be seeing a solid top 4 finish.

1 Like

Doubt that. If Higuain adjusts fast then I can’t see us being on their level. The thing is, where will Arsenal and Chelsea focus? Top 4 or Europa League win. The Europa League is ours or Chelsea to lose.

The game against Chelsea highlighted the main differences between Emery and Wenger.
We beat a top four side.
He dropped a starting CB because his performances have been so bad.
He changes formation and tactics depending on the opposition.

Also we actually started a match well and went at Chelsea straight away, which makes a change from the poor starts we have had in almost every other game.

It’s true we have played poorly recently but at least Emery is willing to change things around rather than wait a few seasons before doing anything.

I still don’t think we’ll get a top four place but if Emery is allowed to buy some decent quality players then we shouldn’t fall further behind.

4 Likes

This is a really good mega thread on Twitter which I think a few people here could do with reading. It was posted a couple days before the Chelsea game.

4 Likes

Yep, apart from Anfield back in december, we have never looked to get destroyed in every game against the top teams this season.

1 Like