Unai Emery

There’s literally no logic to that choice. It would have been negligence.

4 Likes

Some absolute corkers in here guys, fucking hell.

Oh please, don’t be so ridiculously close-minded. There is of course a logic for that choice, and a better one than the choice of Emery, as I showed in that long post above. Which naturally, no one has responded to. Either way, it’s not about Arteta vs. Emery, it’s about a lot of options vs. Emery.

None of this trolling mate. Get in line, all hail king Unai, he of 7 trophies and rousing success at PSG, he of the incredible 5th, 7th, and 5th place league finishes at Sevilla, he of the amazing 5th place pace at Arsenal! He’s doing the same things Guardiola does and we’re punishing him for it, don’t you know?! (Couldn’t make some of this shit up :rofl:)

1 Like

It’s seems Guardiola becoming a world class manager has really duped people into thinking you being a genius as a player will equal you being great as a manager.

I have a different problem and its linked to the lack of respect of what it takes to be a coach, why should we appoint someone who doesn’t seem all that interested in getting out and managing? An overwhelming majority of coaches that have made it to the top have had humble beginnings. Yet if he’s not managing Arsenal. Arteta would rather stay as one of the many assistant coaches speaks to me that we made the right decision in not appointing him.

Arsene Wenger himself in the facet of the Henry appointment that you have to sacrifice your life if you want to make it as a manager, whether we believe it’s that extreme it speaks to the fact that it’s a dedicated job. Arsenal doesn’t have to be his first club if he’s really interested in getting out there and managing, I’m sure there are other Spanish and English on the lower pecking order that would give him a shot, it’s not like he has to stay there in perpetuity if he actually makes something of himself.

You also thought great things were ahead for Sanogo and for Eisfeld so if you’re promoting guys with no experience I’d definitely be steering well clear. :giroud:

2 Likes

my god you are such a self righteous prick aintcha

1 Like

Sigh. Pretty lame of you, sham. We could play this game all day. You were quite against an aggressive implementation of VAR/technology, have a consistently retrograde attitude toward analytics in sport, etc., so by the same token I wouldn’t really take your natural conservativism and close-mindedness that goes with supporting a decision like Emery too seriously. :slight_smile:

(The biggest praise I ever said of Sanogo, for the record, was “he has the ceiling of a good back-up striker at Arsenal”. Just think about how lame it is how much you guys clutch on that one riposte, lol.)

Lol you wrote theses about how good Sanogo was/was going to be. The way you down play it is hilarious.

I’m not against analytics, I’m against reading too much into them and when they are provided without any context whatsoever. VAR is far from perfect but I support it’s introduction and always have, albeit i think it won’t solve a great deal.

2 Likes

There is always exception… but it is a huge risk also.

Wenger left and we needed a replacement, we needed stability and we needed a manager that is experienced, and we needed one that has lesser risk, as simple as that.

Wayne Gretzky, the mastermind and genius of NHL, Laker great Magic Johnson… there is a long list that great players great minds don’t turn to great coaches/managers automatically.

Appointing Emery makes more sense than Arteta or any inexperience person.

1 Like

Not at all, I wrote thesis about how Giroud was shit, and his shitness was underestimated, and Sanogo was involved in those thesis. And I was 100% right. :slight_smile: Never did I say anything more positive about his potential than that above. But I’ll take your obsession with it as a compliment.

Anyways, carry on, all hail king Unai and the football luminaries on this forum who proclaim his time at PSG a rousing success (looool), who think that he’s doing Guardiola things (loool), and who think that finishing 3rd place with Valencia in the aughties was a special accomplishment (loool).

I think you forget that Sanogo signed in 2013 when you still hadn’t caught on to Wenger being past it so of course you just assumed it was another masterstroke. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what i cant stand about this Abou is the fact that you insist that you know everything and what you think is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Even if things go well you will still not back down and admit you made a mistake. Instead you judge and if something is not to your liking it doesnt matter what good comes from it you will never see it as anything other but wrong.

Unai he has done quite well for what he has been given as a squad to work with, but somehow you KNOW someone else would have done better. So what happens if Unai went on to win the EPL in a good few seasons time, you wouldnt be like 'i was wrong he has done well. You will be like ‘well if we got XYZ we would have won 3 EPLs by now and probably the CL’ but that is not reality that is what you tell yourself because it fits what you feel because you have no way of knowing that.

You do not even back down enough to be like ‘no i dont like him but i will give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he does within a few seasons.’ You just are full steam ahead on ‘i dont like him so therefore he is a shit appointment’ a lot of us were upset with the appointment or not expecting it but all decided lets get behind the guy he could be good give him time, but not you.

I bet right now you are analysing this post and saying ‘well that is not true because Unai will never win the EPL’ so yet again how the fuck do you know that? You are telling me what is in your tiny little mind is the only reality and nothing outside of that happens…and yet again if it did you will find a way of cutting it down and explaining why what has happened was an anomaly or maybe if xyz didnt happen this wouldnt happen and therefore Emery is still a shit manager and another manager would have done this anyway.

You are the epitome of a disordered person.

3 Likes

Who said he’s doing Guardiola things?

Well someone did suggest Pep’s time at Bayern and Unai’s at PSG were on par.

“doing” is the present tense though. If the reference was to their times at PSG and Bayern then “did” would be a more appropriate term. Not being picky, just explaining why I wouldn’t have necessarily got that reference (if you are right and that’s what he meant)

Sighs some just are so seeped in agenda-laden vitriol that they don’t even seek to understand what others are actually saying… can we please return to dialog looking forward about our current manager?

3 Likes

Abou and Aussie in this thread like

C1_PQpaUAAAH3HM

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Is no one else seeing that even though we have, albeit involuntarily this game but it goes for every other combination we’ve run in other games anyway; switched out about all of the defenders, the midfield protection in front of them, the GK behind them as well as the captain at the rudder in the manager half a year ago, and we still look like a fox just entered the chicken coop in our own penalty area over and over.

1 Like

We still need better defenders, it’s as simple as that tbh. Sokratis is really the only one that fits the bill for me currently.

1 Like

Perhaps Özil today performed thanks to Unai’s handling of it. Ozil got something to prove as well.

2 Likes