Unai Emery

Actually he has been playing five defenders since Bournemouth.

I hope Emery at least has learned that with a midfield like yesterday they are so toothless and it shouldn’t be an option anymore.

1 Like

Our wing options are just plain garbage. Definitely need a winger in Jan

7 Likes

To be fair to him, only City have scored more goals than arsenal this season.

2 Likes

It makes more sense to begin at the beginning and shore up the defence first. If we are going to sign players in january anyway.

I wonder if PSV could be convinced to part with Chucky Lozano.

They would be incredibly stupid if they choose to sell him in january and not in the summer. There are in the midst of a title race and only have a two point lead on Ajax.

1 Like

Interesting suggestion, I’m not sure what exact profile we need tbh. I’ve seen lots of people suggest we need a more direct type?

The only type of winger that might be useful here is a touchline one on one dribbler with final ball delivery. They’d have to be on a seriously high level as we could do without stop gaps and there can’t be that many around. No chance we see a winger of that sort arrive in January.

Well if you want a more direct type, I hear really good things about this French kid named Mbappe. :wenger:

1 Like

I do feel him… made some not-so-correct expectations (Wenger, Sanogo, Giroud)and had to face the cruel reality… suddenly just feel like you don’t know this team anymore…

Anyway, we are all human.

There were many things that I did not agree of what AC said… but I gotta admit he once was a GREAT POSTER.

It is AC or anybody… we can choose not to react or respond if the comment is not so favorable, instead of ganging someone up… be more forgiving… it is not some violations… just some not-so-popular comments…

1 Like

This were true if Emery would ask his wingers to be glued too the touchline which he doesn’t ask at all.

Perhaps, but I think he doesn’t right now because he doesn’t have any wingers

Why do we consistently start so slow?

Agree with all that. Problem started really for him after Europa semi final last season tbh. He stated that he thought it was time too look for a new team.
Turn your back on the forum thats full of Arsenal fans and your going to get grief.

1 Like

Our players are not very good.

2 Likes

But they suddenly come good in the second half?

2 Likes

We have actually had quite a few good first halfs and created goal scoring chances. We just seem to have the odd brain fart in defence that sees us go into HT drawing or losing.

2 Likes

It’s true that a lot of our first half performance haven’t been great but often the second half has more than made up for it, after changes made by Emery.

Ihave no problem with that because it’s different than in previous seasons where, if we had a poor first half, there would be no tactical changes, and with substitutes brought on so late they made a minimal amount of difference.

The predictability and persistence of playing the same players and tactics throughout a game became laughable.

Emery’s approach is totally different and we are getting points from positions where we probably would not have done under Wenger, who treated the subs bench as an occupational hazard.

The unpredictability and openness to making changes in a game, as well as setting up a team depending on who the opposition are, is what makes Emery more entertaining and effective than what we have been used to previously.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t buy this whole start slowly stuff either it seems like a quick and lazy way to explain the half time scores.

2 Likes