UK General Election | December 2019

I’d argue he’s still principled, though, and that’s arguably his undoing.

It’s his indecisiveness which may cost him.

1 Like

“principled” is always an interesting one for me, particularly as its seemingly most commonly used positively.

Of course there are politicians like Boris Johnson who aren’t principled really, writing two opposing articles on remain/leave and in the end picking the one he thought played best for him. But many politicians are principled, but they don’t get labelled it unless people agree with those principles.

Like I don’t think I’ve ever particularly described a Tory politician as principled, even though many clearly are, probably because I fundamentally disagree with those principles lol

2 Likes

John Major I’d say. Ken Clarke, John Bercow

1 Like

He has no choice he carnt get brexit done because their is know majority govement

Not principled, as in, ignoring the overwhelming principles of his membership, MPs and voters. Just a minor point tho, Jezza has otherwise excelled since 2017 :see_no_evil:

Brace yourself for a rerun of benefits Britain in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

Once people aren’t finding spurious reasons to be angry at the EU, rather than their own government, they’ll turn on the sick again.

5 Likes

so do I get this straight, you guys will have a regular general election on 12th of December? Picking a party etc? Can that Corbyn Labour guy win it, and are they also for Brexit (yet they want a deal)?

Yes

1 Like

Yes. Yes. No. Yes (yes they want a less horrible deal)

1 Like

The advantage Johnson has by having an election near Christmas is that Tory voters would turn out to vote in the middle of a volcano erupting but other voters of other parties tend to be fair weather voters.

There is no way Corbyn will win.
He doesn’t appeal enough to floating voters and is an easy target for the media which is predominantly right wing.

In fact Labour will never win an election while he is leader.
Corbyn is the Labour equivalent of Hilary Clinton, while Boris is Trump.

1 Like

Tbf, I wish I could film my life when I do customer care in HA houses after they have just been built, would be a much better benefits britain.

I finished a block of flats with 9 flats in, a week after they moved in I’ve been called in to repair doors in 4 of them where they rip them off the frames. I went in one and they had cooked a BBQ in a wok on the floor, and both of them were stoned on the sofa laughing at the fact they can rip doors off and get new ones for free and I had to work. Before you get all not everyone is like that, I know and I agree they need help but I know why they get so much hate at the same time.

I am just saying why I can see its popular and why people dislike the “culture”, not that I agree, I want to reiterate that.

3 Likes

I think if labour had a centre left leadership rather than a hard left one they would absolutely land slide it. As things stand it is almost impossible to call how it will land. Lib Dems will get a lot more vote share for sure. Brexit party could divide the leave voters destroying tory target seats and possibly some labour seats which would then possibly go lib dem. The nationalists will have a field day again in Scotland.

I forecast a hung parliament with a coalition of labour and scot nationalists (and possibly even lib dems to make the numbers up). I think a conservative majority is possible but definitely a lot less likely unless they can do a deal with the Brexit party in which the Brexit party fight the strong labour/nationalist seats and Tories fight the rest. A lot of tory remain voters will vote lib dem instead this time.

It is however very hard to be certain as politics are all over the place in recent years.

A lot of Labour voters will vote Lib Dem too.

It could be a very unpredictable result but one of the things I’m most sure of is that Labour won’t return either with a majority or a significant enough minority to go into a coalition.

Labour are going to be punished so much in this election and the only thing that may make it even faintly respectable for them will be the situation as is of the electoral system naturally favouring them

2 Likes

Yeah it would be interesting to see what would happen if it was proportional representation and not FPTP, labour would get fucked then.

What makes you guys think lib dems won’t get hammered?

Naturally favouring them over who?

1 Like

They are nearly everyone’s favourite second choice.

No one actually votes for the Liberal Democrats they just vote against other parties as tactical voting.

That’s why I’ve voted for them in loads of elections. :grinning:

My god why waste your vote lol. I don’t trust them at all not after the tuition fees debacle. Also the back the eu referendum

1 Like

If that’s the worst lie a political party have told then they have my vote.

Anyone trusting a word that Boris says is a fool.
He is the Tory equivalent of Gazidis.

1 Like