UEFA Nations League

Nations League and Serie A so far. So what’s the main criterion to win it? Not be named Cristiano or Messi because they’ve won it so many times?

Trophy looks gorgeous

I fancy VVD for Ballon d’Or. Or if Messi wins Copa America he’ll probably be favourite.

Either way, defo not Ronaldo.

1 Like

Ronaldo wins everything. Deserves it

I could win Serie A with Juve

2 Likes

Why would he win it lol? Messi had an infinitely better individual campaign.

1 Like

Sure.
Anw, Juve are winning UCL next year anw so I wonder what they’ll come up with then.

1 Like

Given Lichtsteiner played 27 times the season before he joined us, you could probably win it playing RB.

(no-one @ me)

5 Likes

God are people still debating over Ronaldo and Messi winning the Balloon d’or. It was boring like half a decade ago.

2 Likes

Ronaldo came into yet another new league and is still performing. I’m afraid Messi won’t get a pass from me this time. He has rotten in La Liga, if he wanted to have a claim he should have won the UCL.
Fact is, he keeps on choking when it matters.

2 Likes

He moved to the most dominant team in Italy as they failed in Europe and domestic cups and won the league because everybody around them was poor.

He scored something like 15 non penalty goals in the league lol. He had a very poor group stage in the CL.

The guys shot and his numbers will continue to dwindle.

Citation needed

Barca is a lucky club that Messi never had the felt the urge to move to another league.

His late career is stagnating under this consistently poor Barca management as a result.

1 Like

Couod be, or could be that he’s scared to challenge himself elsewhere. I think the latter.

1 Like

Juve are running themselves to the ground with this league run though, almost fell through with Napoli last season.
I reckon without Ronaldo they would fair similarly. It’s not just his goal contribution, it’s the Ronaldo effect, everyone is elevated. It’s why I’m disappointed with Dybala for not taking advantage of rivals having to worry about him AND Ronaldo.

This is such bs. Ronaldo ‘challenged’ himself in different League’s but played for Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus. Clubs which are historically very dominant and will win anyway. What’s the challenge? Same would apply on Messi if he moved btw.

It’s a silly debate, both are legends of the game. In terms of individual seasons Messi’s has obviously been better by some margin, which I imagine he would’ve swapped for the Champions League with Barça

Sure. Easy-peasy.

Indeed. Wasn’t like Ronaldo joined Valencia or Napoli.

1 Like

it’s obvious that Ronaldo would only join the top top clubs, pretty much 98% of teams are below his level