UEFA Champions League

Zidane would be a good fit.

What do you mean by copy guardiola though.

From what I saw earlier in the season, and from what he wrote, Iā€™d say that he, like many others, look to copy much of what Guardiola is doing, but without being realistic about what your players can do/misunderstanding why Guardiola does what he does.

Had to check a recent game as I was writing this, to make sure he hadnā€™t changed and nope, I still saw the same 2-3-5 shape, with the fullbacks playing in midfield.

1 Like

Just catching up on highlights of the Juve match. Chiesa scored with Ozilā€™s little bounce shot. Nice piece of skill (assuming he meant it, which I think he did).

Nope :santi:

Iā€™m sorry :laca:

Looking forward to Tuchel vs El Cholo this week, going to be rather interesting to see who progresses from that tie.

1 Like

Only decent game of this week. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother with the others

Atalanta v Real Madrid could be good. Madrid have a fair few injuries, including to their top scorer. I actually read they only have 11 fit outfield senior players.

1 Like

Hereā€™s to Chelsea getting fucked on by a Simeone masterclass. Boring bollocks 1-0 win, no away goals conceded. Letā€™s go boys

8 Likes

Torreira masterclass incoming. Atleti to buy him in the summer to fund our SIGN A FOKIN RB fund.

I actually fancy Chelsea to win this tie now. Wouldnā€™t have said it pre TT. But I think theyā€™re still in honeymoon territory despite their draw v Saints on Saturday. And Atletico have stumbled recently.

3 Likes

Who do you hope wins the tie out of curiosity?

1 Like

I see what youā€™re doing. You want me to say Chelsea to make you feel better about your Liverpool love in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess gun to the head, I probably would like Chelsea to win. I like a few of their players. Iā€™m not that fussed though.

2 Likes

Atletico have been awful in every game Iā€™ve watched this year. Got rescued by Suarez a lot but without a proper (first team worthy) right back available their formation with 3 at the back is their go to, yet more players are suited/used to the 4-4-2 theyā€™ve had for the last decade almost.

Also felix was playing great before Covid and heā€™s just offered nothing since except one game where he was the best player, very inconsistent hopefully he can have a good performance tonight

I havenā€™t watched much La Liga this season, but the odd game I have seen they havenā€™t looked that convincing. So I donā€™t know if them being top is more due to it being a weak season rather than them being strong?

Plus they have a few injuries.

Also, Iā€™ll never fully back Atletico because Iā€™ll never fully forgive Simeone for making me cry when I was 9 years old after he got Beckham sent off :smile:

Put it in the net Lemar

Yeah, I meant in 2021, they were so good last year right until the end of the year, shutting teams down and scoring a few goals in most games, rather than simeoneā€™s dream results of 1-0.

Their thin squad has caught up to them I think

1 Like

Been very poor so far tonight Atleti.

Bayern just doing Bayern things, already up 2-0 at Lazio.

I hate the negative, dive and cheat at every opportunity football they play.

Theyā€™ve been awful, mindblown theyā€™re essentially 6 3 1 without the ball.

Mount needs to be subbed, heā€™s a walking red card at the point, surely only one foul away.

Yeah. Heā€™s already suspended for the second leg. Not often a ref gives a yellow within a minute of the game starting.

1 Like